Will getting a 30 day tourist visa adversely affect me?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Will getting a 30 day tourist visa adversely affect me?

Post by DawnHRD »

This is actually just really a "yes" or "no" question, with perhaps a little clarification. My yearly visa is up on May 2nd (actually it's been 15 months, with the 90 day runs). I will be going back to UK to get a new visa. The problem is, Mum cannot manage to get back here to look after littl'un & the dogs until the end of May. So, I plan to do a 30 day tourist visa run, just to tide me over until I can leave.

I don't anticipate any problems doing the run, but will a 30 day tourist visa adversely affect my chances of getting my new visa in UK? With this "new" 3 runs & you're out policy, do tourist visas create any problems with getting the next non-immigrant visa? Thanks
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

None whatsoever, Dawn.
I got my multi-entry O last September and my passport was showing around 2 years of back-to-back 30 day stamps.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

Can you not appliy for a 1 year non , in Thailand . I dont know how it works for falang woman but you said you were married and sorry to say he died . Does this count as you are looking after the young one.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

I wasn't married, we were just living together & the little boy's not mine, legally, although he is in every other way. Hence the necessary schlep back to UK, unfortunately... :(
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!