Classy glasses

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Does anyone know if Dr. Pairat is still operational? I need a new pair of glasses and reckon they'll need to be bifocal now.
Whilst I could quite happily stare blindly at the eye candy in a lot of the optical stores, I'd prefer a decent eye doctor :thumb:
Or any other recommendations? I don't mind if it takes a week or longer to get the glasses. Having the correct prescription is the most important thing.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Lomu

As far as I know he's still open.

Got my 'Graduals' there about 4 months ago - best pair of specs I've ever had. Took him 5 days to get made.

Agree with comments on here - very professional, thorough and reasonably priced. :thumb:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Lomu

Used the place a few times and he was spot on for glasses. However my problem is more severe and he diagnosed catarcts. No problem he could do the refraction laser process

Had heard a few negatives about his eye surgery so went to the Bumrungrad in BK for a second opinion. More tests with more sophisticated equipment and the diagnosis was different although the refractive treatment would be the same and at the same cost

Guess for glasses he's good. For more serious eye surgery iffy

Cheers :wink: :D
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Mrs D-M had a nasty little eye op done by Dr P last week. Not only did he do a great job (at a reasonable price), but he was extremely patient with a very nervous lady and her even more queasy man...

He'd be my first port of call if I had a problem, but I think if someone was planning on scraping around on my eyeball, I'd have them knock me out first!

You might need to make an appointment, as I don't think he's there all day every day.
This is the way
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Classy Glasses

Post by margaretcarnes »

Great info guys - thanks - I'm needing new ones so will now wait until Oct and go to Doc P.
A word of warning about anti glare lenses. Got my last pair only 18 months ago at a branch of Optical Express here in UK. They failed to mention that the lenses need special cleaning wipes. Washed them as usual in mild soapy water for months, then got a pack of regular lens wipes, which wrecked the antiglare coating. The lenses apparently can't be re-polished, and are varifocals. Optical Express are quoting £220 for new lenses alone. Thankfully now they can take a hike!
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
dr.pairat
Novice
Novice

Post by dr.pairat »

Mr.Richard
I had read your posts 2 months ago and had to wait until you finished the operation.It's just to prevent myself from pessimistic assumption that I want that operation. Now,it's time to correct your confused information , negative bias and some misunderstanding:-
Lomu

Used the place a few times and he was spot on for glasses. However my problem is more severe and he diagnosed catarcts. No problem he could do the refraction laser process

Had heard a few negatives about his eye surgery so went to the Bumrungrad in BK for a second opinion. More tests with more sophisticated equipment and the diagnosis was different although the refractive treatment would be the same and at the same cost

Guess for glasses he's good. For more serious eye surgery iffy
You used my place several times with some eye diseases and you know how good the result of the treatment.
Had I and my staffs ever try to sell you any glasses? So I don't spot on for glasses , I always focus on my patient!!!

About your diagtnosis I'll reply in Cataract topic.

You said you had heard a few negative about my eye surgery so please tell me the story and name these patients and I'll investigate what had happened. Because in my records, I can't find any unsatisfied operation.You have to make sure they were my patients. Please note,I'm not the only doctor who do the eye operation in HH.

Yes, the treatment is the same,but please not confuse about the cost: 35K is not the same as 50-60K

Imagination,what would happen if my private clinic has more sophisticated equipments than Bumrungrad. It's very nonsense to try to compare my tiny clinic with Bumrungrad or Rutnin. Same as you try to compare an up-to-date PC with a mainframe. Anyway, to remove the lens is now very easy, just like a PC can do a paper work.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Dr. Pairat

Firstly welcome to the forum

As you will no doubt have found the forum covers a wide range of subjects and the prime use is learning and sharing experiences and exchanging ideas

The emphasis is on posting FACTS from experience and not hearsay

My postings are in general based on Facts through experiences although some hearsay (rumours) are bound to influence ones opinion

I was happy with the service I received from you and your staff and I apologise if some of my comments offended you. BUT I am a great believer in second and third opinions on all matters whether medical, where to eat, where to stay, where to buy, where to shop etc. We are all different and have different views but one only learns from listening and experiencing.

The forum provides this option to all who read it and is particularly useful to those who have not been here long or those who are only visiting.

Once again, welcome to the forum. We need more professional Thai people like you to input your views. Only then will we learn

:)

Richard
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Classy Glasses

Post by margaretcarnes »

Hello Dr Pairat, and welcome!! I think we do all understand that you cannot justify the same equipment in HuaHin as a large Practice or hospital in Bangkok.
Many people have recommended you for your professional care, and I will definitely come and see you for new glasses later this year. :cheers:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.