visa non-comprendes

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
NikkiSixx

visa non-comprendes

Post by NikkiSixx »

Good morning from the English riviera!
I am hopefully coming to settle in HH early next year with my Thai wife.
Now, my query is as follows. I always thought you could obtain a non O visa by showing bank statements with 40k income per month. However, it has now dawned on me that this is meant by overseas income. My situation is that I am generating 40+ per month but as rental income from my condos in Pattaya!
Also, it is worth mentioning that aged 32 I am someway off retirement....well, technically anyway!...
I would be very grateful to any body who could offer advice on what type of visa I should go for and what I would need etc :thumb:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You should be able to get either a single or multiple entry Non Imm O in the UK. Your best bet will be through the consulate in Hull. You're married to a Thai, so the reason for wanting it is to return to LOS with your wife. They may want to see the marriage certificate. If you havn't got it, you might be able to talk them around. (You don't say if you were married here or in the UK). Either way, it won't matter. It's a legal marriage.
You won't have to show any funds at all in the UK to get the visa. It's when you're here and apply for an extension to it that you will. The single entry gives you one entry of 90 days. The multiple entry gives you unlimited entries, all of which will be for 90 days, until your visa expires. The multi entry is valid for a year.
You can apply for a year's extension to the visa during the last 30 days of any 90 day entry period. You will be doing so on the basis of your marriage. Now the difficult part comes with the income, which you correctly say has to be a minimum of 40k per month (incidently you can combine any income your wife may have now, or in the future, to make that figure up). However, it should be oveseas income. I'd be a bit careful about declaring your rental income from the Pattaya condo. Technically, I'm sure you should be paying tax on it here and there might be a question of whether you could be deemed to be working - without a WP - as a landlord????? Is it your name or your wife's?
Afraid I can't advise you 100% in your situation, but the above are a couple of things that spring to my mind straight away. Might be worth consulting a decent Imm lawyer.
NikkiSixx

Post by NikkiSixx »

Thanks for your input Lomu. Yes, I had considered that I may possibly need a wp as a landlord. My condos are in a company name along with my English business partner who I trust 100% as we have been friends for 15+ years and are managed by a reputable European run company in Pattaya, so they take care of all the related tax affairs.
Do you, or anyone know of a competant immigration service?
Thanks again :cheers: