Safety Deposit Boxes

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
mil_dos

Safety Deposit Boxes

Post by mil_dos »

Apart from the obvious answer of try the bank, are there any other options for safe storage of documents?

Tried Kasikorn (my bank) - they have some but they're all taken.
mil_dos

Post by mil_dos »

Not to worry, activating Plan B.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Phew!!!
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I was asking some Thai friends the other day about where rural Thais keep their gold, etc. The straight-faced reply was in the garden - i.e. buried somewhere.

Even my dogs, who are pretty switched on, forget where they've buried their bones. I just hope that the 'gold buriers' (as opposed to diggers) remember under which tree or plant they planted their gold.

On a slightly more serious note, we were burgled when we lived in Nakhom Pathom. The thieves (I think they were young lads) opened every pot and tin but left the bookshelf untouched. Remember those fake books you could get to hide away your valuables... Just a thought.

V.S.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Good luck trying to find a safety deposit box in Hua Hin. Myself and my girl friend have accounts in almost every banking firm in Thailand and there is not one saftey deposit box availible in HH. Some places have a 20-30 person waiting list and others won't even take your name. We did have Success in Petchiburi.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

mil_dos wrote:Not to worry, activating Plan B.
Under the mattress...? :D
This is the way