I Know The Score 07/08

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Guess wrote:
The lives left feature has a bug. I have been entering my scores at least two weeks in advance since the start. I have received about 10 emails telling me that my account will be closed if I do not enter scores. I have also noticed that my lives left is 1/3.
I've received similar e-mails (not actually threatening accont closure) twice in my 5 weeks of playing. On both occassions, even though I had entered all of my predictions, one score had been lost, and I had to enter it again.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

lomuamart wrote:What's your handle now, Guess? Quite a few of us thought you weren't playing this season.
Terrible sleuthing there. As has been said the new systems was full of bugs and one of them was that they would not allow me to log on as Guess in time to enter the first weeks score. Therefore to be sure I had to use another handle but the same email account. This may have been a contributory factor to me losing points.

Anyway my new handle is ฌรฟืดพฟืแน ศฟทยฟพกรใ

I am sure that you had it figured anyway.

BTW I still seem to be getting the odd code page problems with Firefox.

The very best of sleuthing to both Lomu and "Quite a few of us".
I reckon Big Boy had it figured from Day One.

Regarding the scores so far, I reckon I have had a good Saturday. Two exact results with my banker on one (Manure 4 Middleofnowhereborough 1).

And then Chelsea winning 8 -0 against Thaksin. (Oh sorry only 6 - 0 to you my son).

Today I have gone with my head rather than my heart with Arses and Scousers.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yeah, I reckon I've got it worked out.
Must admit that I had a pretty reasonable Saturday again. Had my banker on MU and got the goal difference correct (had it 3-0). Two other correct results. I'm really not sure about the remaining games though.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

One thing that helped me with Manure is that I have a theory that when Manure go for a big kill they leave themselves exposed at the back and often concede one goal.

I'll bet nobody got 30 points on Chelsea.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well I'm having a right manure of a season and doing a Lomu - win one season and crap the next.

What I can't understand about yesterday is why I never thought of putting my banker on Chelsea? And needing the points I went for a pompey win only to see them miss a last kick of the game penalty - sums up how things are going for me!!! Still, they didn't deserve to win.

Can't believe some of the quality scores regularly being achieved this season. Looks like everyone has upped the ante!
Talk is cheap
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:bow: :bow: Sheer respect to 5 members of the league this week - after just 3 games they're each on 170 points for the week :bow: :bow:

Being fairly new to this, I'm interested how you all achieved such a score in just 3 games - especially as one of them was a 5 - 0 away win. Did you all really predict that?

Please advise what combination of scores you used to get such a phenomenal score after just 3 matches. I thought that I was doing pretty well after getting 30 points from 3.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

BB, you can view their predictions by clicking on the scores you have just mentioned in the league table. I had L'pool 3-1 then thought, nah, change it ti 2-0, took the Fulham score off, but forgot to reduce the scousers! And look what happened!! Only learnt this when I checked post-game! :guns:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

ikts

Post by redzonerocker »

i'm baffled too bb :shock:
i was over the moon with 55pts after the 3 games!
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

A correct result and a banker bonus on it will give you 30x3 points = 90 points.

f.ex

Liverpool 2 - 0 Fulham x3 2-0 +90

Then you will get an additional banker bonus of 20 = 110 and all those three had Sunderland vs Newcastle 1-1 so +30 points = 140. They all also had guessed the winner correctly in Derby vs West Ham game but the result was not correct so that is +10 points = total 150 points.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's about it, I'd reckon BG.
Lucky people. I got the Liverpool game correct, with banker, plus bonus. The other two games were incorrect results.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks guys, that explains it. When I saw +150 +20 I was assuming that it meant 170 points total, which would have meant all 5 people would have correctly predicted West Ham's 5-0 victory away from home - that was the bit that was really baffling me (although there were a couple West Ham supporters amongst them - even the most ardent of West Ham supporters couldn't have believed a 5 - 0 victory likely).

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Just looking at the IKTS page, and I notice another glitch in their software. It reports HHAD as being 49th in the league of leagues. However, when you look at the league of leagues that position is held by weens and West Ham fans. HHAD is actually 66th ............................... or am I just mis-reading the site - as usual?

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I give up, I give up, I give up.
Not the taking part in IKTS, but connecting to the site. I've been trying for over an hour this morning and it just won't load. Tried Firefox and IE.
I'll persevere later, but it's bloody frustrating :cuss:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

lomu,
Have you tried connecting to the 'parent' site http://www.premierleague.com/page/Home/0,,12306,00.html and then clicking the 'Games' link there? It might be worth a try...