How Long To Walk??

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Kelly
Rookie
Rookie

How Long To Walk??

Post by Kelly »

from the Evason At Pranburi to Khao Taieb (sp?) fancy going there for dinner or for the beach during the day.

Was thinking maybe we could hire cycle bikes from the hotel to cycle there?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Just a quick 25 km stroll. :mrgreen:
Kelly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kelly »

Oh maybe not then....maybe Ive got the wrong beach!!!! :oops:
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Kelly, Pranburi is 30 KM south of Hua Hin.

Khao Takiab is 5 KM South.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Used to work at the Evason and its pretty much bang in the middle of nowhere - they have what you'd call a captive audience!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

buksida wrote:Used to work at the Evason and its pretty much bang in the middle of nowhere - they have what you'd call a captive audience!
:laugh:
Kelly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kelly »

Thanks guys, I think the beach I was thinking of is Khao Takiab beach but 5km in that humidity is a bit far to walk.

I stayed at the Evason before 4 years ago and we pretty much just went to Hua Hin and did some hotel excursions.

In order for this time to be a bit more special we wanna get out a bit more...eat at different places and see more, just generally get out more.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Takiab is 5km South of Hua Hin, not of Pranburi - so it still sounds like a bloomin long walk (20-odd km) to me. :D

Could you have been thinking of Pak Nam Pran?

If you're looking for excursions, how about a boat trip? Mermaid Cruises do some lovely ones & they're in the locality of Evason/Pranburi. See the ad on here or pm barrys for details. :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

5 kms south of the Evason is Kao Kalok. Is that where you are thinking of? If you're looking for a day on the beach near Kao Kalok try stopping off at the Purimuntra. Although it's a resort they've happily allowed some of our visitors to spend the day beside their pool use the facilities (spa, restaurant etc). It's right on the beach and the staff are really great.

As Dawn recommends - try the Mermaid cruise. Full day including lunch. We had a great day out. And I have no connection witht he operators!

(I've added a reply to your other post about the Evason giving some of the places my wife and I eat at along this stretch of beach.)
buksida

Post by buksida »

Khao Kalok is a great little spot, often spend a sunday afternoon there:

http://tourismhuahin.com/khao-kalok-huahin.php

http://khaotakiab.com/khao-kalok.htm
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson