new pub near the peer,,buffalo tavern..anyone been?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

flavour :? :?
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
(buffalo) Bill
Banned
Banned

Post by (buffalo) Bill »

A small slice of lemon for the acidity
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

If the slice of lemon is for acidity, what do you use the daffodils and sausages for?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I would say a good night at home alone.... :oops:
www.35mmview.com
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Randy Cornhole wrote:I would say a good night at home alone.... :oops:
I know there's not much to do in Issan, but surely you haven't stooped that low yet :twisted:

Points 48; Position 20
(buffalo) Bill
Banned
Banned

Post by (buffalo) Bill »

Right on man!!!!
(buffalo) Bill
Banned
Banned

Post by (buffalo) Bill »

just trying to bust me chilli
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It has to be an Isaan sausage though - you know with pork, garlic, glass noodles, rice, chilli, pepper..... The missus gets her supply in a little box courtesy of Postman Pat from a lady in Ramsgate! Small world, isn't it? :? :?

You slice it amost in half, then add it either side to the top of the glass. Time saver see, kills thirst and hunger in one hit! :thumb:
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

Was down at Buffalo's the other day. Great pint of John Smiths, if a little pricey. If you squint your eyes you can almost believe you're in a boozer in Laandin. Will definitely go back and try the famous ribs. They better be pukka!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Now, I take exception to that last post! With all due respect, no matter how well the beer is kept at BB's, it is simply not possible to have a great pint of John Smiths! No such thing exists. Pride yes, Youngs yes, various other real ales yes. But JS - no way! It is bargain basement beer in the UK, always has been and always will be. :guns:

I assume it is poured with a disclaimer disassociating it with having any resemblance to the real thing? :thumb:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote:Now, I take exception to that last post! With all due respect, no matter how well the beer is kept at BB's, it is simply not possible to have a great pint of John Smiths! No such thing exists. Pride yes, Youngs yes, various other real ales yes. But JS - no way! It is bargain basement beer in the UK, always has been and always will be. :guns:

I assume it is poured with a disclaimer disassociating it with having any resemblance to the real thing? :thumb:
I would probably agree with you there. Now, if it was John Smiths Magnet, that would be a completely different kettle of fish - nectar. Its a few years since I had one - anybody know if its still brewed?

Points 48; Position 20
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Sweet lord above, did you have to mention London Pride! There's little chance of a foaming pint of wallop up here.... :cry:
Then again if I was back home, I'd have to work. So things ain't so bad after all... :cheers:
www.35mmview.com
KelpieKiss
Banned
Banned

Post by KelpieKiss »

I've always been partial to a pint of Black Sheep. Has to be served in a bumpy glass tankard with a big handle of course. Preferably sitting in a small cosy tavern at a rough wood table, next to a fire on a cold Friday night.

I know John Smiths is considered the Skol of Ales but when it's that or burpy draft Chang, I know what I'm drinking.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Gotta say that a pint of any beer, be it John Smiths, London Pride or Camerons Strongarm is great after always drinking super cold lager. You buggers back in Europe have the real pick of the beer - jealous!
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Now you lot have got me dreaming of the ales I used to love - Marstons Pedigree and Bass Draught - both went down a treat. Young's Winter Warmer was a seasonal favourite too.....mmmmm..BEER! :cheers: