Our friendly big brothers

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
lomuamart

Our friendly big brothers

Post by lomuamart »

Bit of a rant and rave, this one, but here goes.

I've lived in HH for 6 years and been visiting it for 15. As I was getting a little unfit, I visited a major hotel in town yesterday with a view to joining their gym and other health facilities.

I didn't think 2,000 Baht a month was too bad, as long as the facilities were used regularly. I had been led to believe that the gym, sauna and pool were included in this price. Took the grand tour and the gym certainly looked impressive. Everything was progressing OK, until I asked to see the pool and was told that too many people were using it these days, so it now was not included.

I'm led to believe that the pool is frequented by the normal "6am, put a towel on a sun lounger" brigade. I appreciate that I'm not a paying guest at the hotel, but I do live here and have always contributed to the local economy - unlike most of the snobs who stay at the hotel.

I left with a flea in my ear and a bitter taste in my mouth. Treated like a second class citizen again. I've read the posts on the disco. Havn't been there for at least a year and certainly don't intend going ever again. I'll stick to walking the beach to Kao Takieb. At least the hotel hasn't privatised this yet - maybe it's only a matter of time?

Arseholes!! :guns: :guns: