Book swap

Hook up with friends, arrange meetings, outings and visa trips here.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Book swap

Post by DawnHRD »

OK, enough talking about this. :P

I have a dozen read books here that I want to swap for others. I have perhaps another dozen that I am willing to lend (as long as I get them back in good condition).

Anybody else in the same boat? How about we organise a definite time & date in a coffee shop or bar where we can meet & get rid of unwanted reading material & get something new. We can also lend favourite books & get the details of the member that borrows them. Anyone interested? Post below with ideas for location, date & time.

:cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
niggle
Guru
Guru

Post by niggle »

I got half a dozen or so. I'm up for it
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I also have some and would be willing to meet and greet.....
www.35mmview.com
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

I'd love to...have 8-10 books to swap.
if you can set a date just after New Year :(
-if not it will be next time
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.[Benjamin Franklin]
nightstalker
Banned
Banned

book swop

Post by nightstalker »

:thumb: great idea, seen a few beached whales outside the hilton, can we swop a few of those "blots on the landscape"
:thumb:
"Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."
Billy Crystal (1947 - )

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
Mahatma Gandhi
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

^ :roll:

OK, anyone got an idea for where or when? If it's before January, then we'll do another in January for elem - I'm bound to have read another half dozen by then :)
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

curber
Rookie
Rookie

Book swap

Post by curber »

Great idea I have quite a few I would be willing to trade..post a time and place.
Chas
Banned
Banned

No place, but keen interest

Post by Chas »

Dawn, I cant offer a place or time either, but I have two or three dozen books to trade.

Isn't there some bar owner along the Bintabat willing to donate space on a couple of tables for a couple of hours some afternoon/ early evening before the trade kicks in? Can be a onetime thing or even a weekly thing and you might just sell a beer or two out of it.

( Note: I have never been in any bar in HH except for the Hilton, Hin Nam (Spin & Star) for dancing mainly, and the Music Room. So this might be my chance to get to know the local pub scene better as well as picking up new books.)
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Well done, Dawn. Weekend, please. And preferably somewhere with car access, (maybe on Petchkasem?) as I have a boxful and don't particularly fancy lugging it all round the Bintabaht area.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

Ditto the above, got a box load and always in search of new material.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

OK, a weekend afternoon. How about next weekend (I'm busy this one) Dec 15th or 16th? About 4pm? Venue? OK, not sure about that if parking is needed. Anyone got any suggestions with parking space nearby? An HHAD sponsor would be good... :)

Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Not sure I will be attending as not an avid reader any more, but I would have thought Dick's Office might fit the bill? You can generally get parked nearby, especially in the day time and Richard would be very accommodating if you approach him about it I'm sure - he might even lay on something for you if it is going to be a regular event (smoking jackets, pipes, you know the sort of thing! :) ). It's in Soi Sarawat for those who don't know it and I think reasonably accessible for those without their own transport.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

OK - Saturday 15th December. 3:30pm, Dick's Office for the 1st HHAD book swap. ALL WELCOME!!

The next one will be in January at elem's convenience, seeing as she pushed me to do this :P

Will date/time/venue suit all interested parties?

Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

cool
www.35mmview.com
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Terrific.

But for the uninitiated, who is Dick, and where is his office?

And where can I hire a tux?
This is the way