9 Month Baby. Drinking Water

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
DavidH
Novice
Novice

9 Month Baby. Drinking Water

Post by DavidH »

Can any one advise?

We are coming to Hua Hin shortly and have a 9 month old little boy.

He has bottled feeds as well as some solids. We will bring with us a supply of SMA GOLD, but regarding the water to mix with it. Do you use bottled water (should this be boiled?) or what else do you suggest?

Just out of interest, can you buy SMA GOLD within Hua Hin?

Any other Baby Tips would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Monica and David
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Hi David,
I assume that is powdered baby formula, and it's from the UK? If so, when my wife, baby and I were in the UK in September, there were no brands here available there and vice versa, at least that we could find, so I would assume you will not be able to find SMA Gold. However our baby (now 7.5 months) switched easily to another brand over there, so unless you know your baby has problems with his stomach then you should be fine. Incidentally the brand we use currently is Dumex Hi Q Natural Shield Number 1, but I don't think there is an awful lot of difference between the different ones - our daughter just seemed to prefer that one.
As far as the water goes, Yes we currently use bottled water that has been boiled but are moving to a new house soon and will have a water filter put in, and we will then boil that instead. Hope that helps.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi David

Can't say I've ever seen the formula here but there is plenty to choose from. We have a two and a half year old girl and another little one who is eight months old now. We have always just used normal bottled water and never had any problems.
Apart from formula, basic baby stuff is cheap over here and widely available but don't expect to find baby toys, at least not ones of a good quality. Most baby toys are rather quite risky as there is no quality control and most are cheap Chinese imports. Now I have the added expense of buying toys for our little ones from abroad. Its costs more but at least they are good safe toys - Ebay has been a great source.

Good luck
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
buksida

Post by buksida »

We use the same formula as WL - and that plus the nappies for two nippers costs more than my rent per month - so I wouldn't agree with the comment about baby stuff being cheap!

Do agree with the toys though, very cheap and nasty and often last approximately 6 minutes with a 3 year old. Grandparents are a good source of quality toys from the west!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

buksida wrote:We use the same formula as WL - and that plus the nappies for two nippers costs more than my rent per month - so I wouldn't agree with the comment about baby stuff being cheap!
Totally agree with this statement, nappies and milk formula certainly adds up to big bucks every month. Mind u as they get bigger so do the bills :cry:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Okay guys, when I say cheap, I mean cheaper that some other countries. Also, I think nappies are quite cheap here, if like us, you do not go for the ultra fancy brands. Afterall, they are only there to catch the pee and the other mess. We have tried nearly all the various brands here and have found that there is no major advantage between the expensive ones and the cheaper ones. Those expensive pants style ones may look cute but they cost and they end up in the bin just as quick as the cheaper ones.

Our oldest girl will be three in July but she has been out of nappies for about six months now apart from when she goes to bed. When she needs to, she goes and uses her potty. While on the subject, I can't understand why this is not the case when shes at school as she pees in her pants daily at school. Maybe they don't have a toilet or a potty there....lol

For those of you looking for good toys, Ebay can be a big help and we have recieved everything we've bought without problems.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact