Siam Ocean World Bangkok

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
buksida

Siam Ocean World Bangkok

Post by buksida »

Has anyone been there yet, looks quite impressive. Am going to Bangers this weekend and looking for something to do for the kids.

One thing that instantly puts me off though is the dual pricing on their website, 750 baht for farangs, 450 for Thais. What about kids, do they pay somewhere in between because they are half farang?

Anyone got any other recommendations for Bangkok attractions?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

That's not the one where the kids got injured on the faulty water slide is it? The names all sound similar.

Edit - no, just checked. That one was Siam Park
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

No it's not the same place.

This one's in Paragon shoping mall. It's expensive for sure - even for Thai's, but it's worth it, IMHO. The little one loved it and I enjoyed my time there as well. Lot's of shows - so check the times on their website - a boat ride on top of the aquariam, a good play area, the otters were particular fun when I was there and a good time was had by all.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

If you have a lot of time on your hands and are prepared to walk a lot, you may want to think about the Safari Park out towards Minburi. I used to keep a membership for years until the kids grew out of it.

Not sure of the entrance pricing, but don't think there is double pricing. Very popular with tour groups, you may not see everything in one day.

http://safariworld.com/inf.html
วินเชนท์
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Agree with Caller - Siam Ocean World, whilst a little expensive is a real good show. My boys loved it.

The quality of the exhibits and the various shows are extremely good.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I love aquariums, wanted to be a marine biologist instead of a bean counter :oops:

I liked the aquarium, especially considering any alternatives in the area.

After some here in Calif it's small, but still very nice great for kids!!
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

[quote="migrant"]I love aquariums, wanted to be a marine biologist instead of a bean counter :oops:

I liked the aquarium, especially considering any alternatives in the area.

After some here in Calif it's small, but still very nice great for kids!![/quote]

Hi there migrant
I also like aquaruims!!! Haad been to Sea World in San Duego in 06 Me wouldn't mind something in the Area!
But Seriously to have a Water and Marine Type Theme Park like Sea world in the Hua Hin Area would be great Idea right? It's Emphasis is not set on Fun but kn Education about Marine animals!!! do you think this Idea would be good for a new thread migrant?

your's The understudy!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

A friend who used to be one of the owners of the company that runs the scuba experience at Paragon visited there recently . Whilst I have not been ,he assured me that with a little spoken thai,a thai partner and mixed race children,he was given Thai price for the whole family .

I will pass comment on the price tariff once I have visited and seen for myself how the animals are taken care of and to what educational and environmental awareness ends the facility lends itself .

Crazy88