Presciption Medicine posted from UK

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Sorrento10
Rookie
Rookie

Presciption Medicine posted from UK

Post by Sorrento10 »

I am in Thailand on a 12 month Visa and do not plan on returning to the UK during that time.

Like many of my age (66) I am on prescription medication in the UK (ATORVASTATIN and FELODIPINE). I have priced them in HH and it will cost about 42 pounds/ month. Is there any Thai law that would prevent my UK relatives posting the drugs to me from the UK provided the appropriate customs declaration was completed?

Thanks

Dave
Live forever, know everything!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Prescription Medicine posted from UK

Post by margaretcarnes »

Dave - sorry but how on earth did you get into this situation in the first place? Surely if you'd told your GP he would have issued at least a 3 month supply for you to go out to thailand with?
Anyway - the good thing is that you can get your medication over the counter in HH. I don't know about the Felodipine, but there might be a cheaper alternative to the Atorvistatin available in HH. The only problem is that you would have to check it out with your GP back home, who might well stop your repeat prescription as a result.
As for getting stuff posted out to you with a customs declaration - I honestly don't know the Thai law. Maybe someone else can shed light on it, but I would guess it carries the same risk as sending cash! And don't forget that any repeat scripts you have left in the UK might come up for renewal while you are away, so if you ain't there they would stop anyway.
I would suggest that, pending advice on the legal side of posting drugs, you check out your medication on a website to find any statin alternatives, and seriously consider contacting your GP for further advice.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.