Gaining a UK Visa for Thai G/F

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I followed the guide lines outlined on the Bangkok Embassy web site and the visa was granted for three months without any problems to a first time visitor. PET
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

PET wrote:I followed the guide lines outlined on the Bangkok Embassy web site and the visa was granted for three months without any problems to a first time visitor. PET
With regards your savings and income. Do they allow printouts from your online accounts to verify these.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
PET wrote:I followed the guide lines outlined on the Bangkok Embassy web site and the visa was granted for three months without any problems to a first time visitor. PET
With regards your savings and income. Do they allow printouts from your online accounts to verify these.
The last time I applied, that was a definite no. The banks wanted to make me pay for the service of providing pucker statements. Be wary of this, there is an upper limit (can't remember how much now, but only a couple of pounds) - they initially asked for in excess of £40.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I just printed off copies from the internet and they were quite acceptable to Bangkok. PET
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The rules must have changed recently then. I still have a copy of the e-mail from the British Embassy in Bangkok. Had I been in the UK at the moment, I would have gladly e-mailed it on to you (copy not available on laptop).

Even though it looks as if the Embassy has joined us in the 20th Century, I would suggest a quick e-mail to them now (they always respond within 24 hours, and come across as friendly), could save frustration later.

Points 48; Position 20
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Big Boy wrote:The rules must have changed recently then. I still have a copy of the e-mail from the British Embassy in Bangkok. Had I been in the UK at the moment, I would have gladly e-mailed it on to you (copy not available on laptop).

Even though it looks as if the Embassy has joined us in the 20th Century, I would suggest a quick e-mail to them now (they always respond within 24 hours, and come across as friendly), could save frustration later.
I thought that we now deal with an agency type setup and not the embassy for visas.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That's right, JG.

Contact us

All visa applications should now be submitted using the Visa Application Centre located at:

The Visa Application Centre
2nd Floor, Regent House
183 Rajdamri Road
Lumpini, Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330

www.vfs-uk-th.com
Email: info@ukvac-th.com
Tel: +66 2 800 8050

No appointment is needed for application submission.

Visa Section
British Embassy
14 Wireless Road
Lumpini, Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330
Thailand

Tel: +66 2 305 8333
Fax: +66 2 254 9579
Visa email

For telephone enquiries about the visa application process please contact the UK Visa Application Centre on +66 2 800 8050 or email: info@ukvac-th.com

Please note admittance to the Embassy Visa Section is by appointment only.
Embassy Holidays

There's a skytrain station close by. About a 3 min walk from there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You do deal directly with the agency, but they are working to Embassy rules, and HM Gov guidelines. The agency is the monkey dancing to the Embassy's tune - the Embassy remains the organ grinder.

If you have any query at all, the Embassy is the place that will give you free, accurate guidance - their role is to assist British Citizens, and is funded by the British Gov. The agency is a self financing organisation.

Points 48; Position 20