Monte Carlo

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Monte Carlo

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

First off, I'm a fairly new spectator of F1, and maybe I dont know a good race from a bad one, but I wasn't impressed with Monte Carlo. This was the first street race I watched, and it seemed too gimmicky for me. The track conditions were definately a factor, but it seemed like the majority of drivers weren't performing to their standard level. I felt bad for Sutil, doing so well, only to be wiped out by Raikkonen and his poor braking. However, congratulations to Mr. Hamilton. A superior performance. Good luck to all the drivers for the Montreal race in 2 weeks.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi Cowtown,

Monaco is a super difficult track to drive, in wet conditions it is a brute, granted its never going to be a track full of overtaking, its about not making mistakes and keeping off the barriers. Controlling 750bhp on a street circuit in wet weather, come on give these guys a break.

One of the best saves i have ever seen was also one of the saddest - the effects of a podium for the Force India team and for Sutil would have been massive - it could mean the difference of another years racing for them in the future - Kimi somewhow keep the car out of the wall, but took Sutil in the process - really gutted for him - he did a great job - he was obviously distraught at the end of the race.
I thought it was a great race - Hamilton did a spectacular job, the awesome laps in the early/middle of the race and tyre choice were key

If youve just started watching Formula 1 you should go to a bar that has the South African satellite- the feed comes from UK where the commentators are much more knowledgeable than the muppets on UBC/MOVE. Crawfords?Oneills and Lord Nelson have this system.

Roll on next race.

:cheers:
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

JW, yes its all changed now that Shoemaker has retired and let all the other drivers show their potential .