Hua Hin property professionals unite

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

hogus wrote:Yesssssss, BB, please, don't misunderstand me...as i said...the idea is nice...but IMO there is no chance without a protection/law/whatever by government!
correct hogus :thumb: absolutely no chance!!
it has to come from the very top too & not some provincial office.

like you, i will probably look to buy sometime in the future. the fact that there is a cosy association of developers & agents will not really make me feel protected.
business is about making money & profit & there starts the potential for problems :|
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
VCP
Amateur
Amateur

Post by VCP »

redzonerocker, would you feel any better knowing that the group would also compromise of already scorned consumers that are in fact interested in not letting their own unfortunate problems reoccur on new consumers.

however, hogus is right, without proper enforcement, there would be no "teeth" to the association, and for that reason the provincial authorities have agreed to back the association.

I'm not saying that this is going to be the be all and end all of all property issues in Hua Hin, but atleast it's a start, and the long term goal will be in fact to co-operate with other similar associations nationwide, so that a difference could in fact be made and felt.

Super Joe, many thanks for the vote of confidence...
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Hogus

I see you are based in Hua Hin ? May I take this opportunity to invite you to the next meeting as a consumer,of beer at least,looking to buy a home in the future ? You will then be better informed as to what is trying to be acheived .

Now may I be a little sarcastic ? You could always join the embittered skint members society consisting of those who can't afford property,those who wish they had taken the plunge years ago and now regret not doing so and those who were stupid enough to spank all their dough on houses and gold chains for bargirls and got burned AKA soft tw**s . :roll:

sarcasm over

You do have some valid points which I think VCP has alredy responded to .
BTW with recent increases in the price of building materials and fuel the cost of building your dream home has just gone up 20% :thumb:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Hogus,
You are entitled to come along to the next meeting and have a input into it as other non-property people have done. To just announce that it won't work without seeing the details is not very constructive.
I can understand people thinking its a cosy club of property people setting their own rules, but HuaHinSimon is the spokesman for the consumers who has the role of telling the developers and agents groups what regulations they should include to protect the buyers.
If they do not include the consumers concerns I have a feeling HHS may just speak up and let all know.

When it's put together all and sundry will be able to see the content and it should be easy to judge whether their are real protections in it for buyers. Anything important that's missing will be able to be put forward for inclusion. It'll be transparent.

You have posted a lot about property on here Hogus, so you must have your concerns about what's going on, here's your chance to do something about it, come to the next meeting. Just PM VCP and I'm sure he'll invite you.
Or will you just take the easy option and criticize it from behind your keyboard ......

SJ
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

HuaHinSimon,
I think it's great for transparency and consumer input that you are spokesman for the consumers, if anyone has the front to get the their concerns included it is you. Stick with it young man.

But, we have read some interesting things recently about your issues, now you are in your position I think it is only right that you put the record straight on this. Would you like to tell us all the factors/both sides of the story regarding your disputes ??

Cheers,
SJ
Last edited by Super Joe on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Not sure this is the thread for it - and as Lev stated he doesn't want the forum used for personal disputes.

Interestingly I did read a gripe from a poor hard-done-by developer who owns Avalon in the Friar's rag recently, HHAD got a mention too. Imagine how tough life is when you have dissatisfied customers, but isn't it great that you have a friend who runs a "newspaper" to spout off about them in.

:cuss:

Anyway back to real media and real progress, looking forward to seeing how this association pans out without the pernicious elements. :offtopic:
Last edited by buksida on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Sorry Buksida, you are right this isn't the thread for it.

Simon if you wish to set the record straight you can do it in another thread in accordance with T&C of board.
If not you can PM it and I'll convey it to those interested.
I'm not suggesting you name any names.

SJ
VCP
Amateur
Amateur

Post by VCP »

Hogus, yes, please do join us for the next meeting, because as I've said earlier, although I don't cherish the negativity, it certainly keeps us rooted to very real concerns that could end up being pitfalls for us. So your comments and suggestions are indeed welcome at the next meeting.
VCP
Amateur
Amateur

Post by VCP »

Yes Simon, I'm with Super Joe on that.
I am very curious why you haven't made the step to take your case straight to court and at least have it on official record.

I understand that it will take some time and some money, but don't you want the restitution at the end??
buksida

Post by buksida »

As stated a minute ago please can we keep details of personal disputes off this board in accordance with the T&Cs, thanks.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

VCP, thank you very much for the invitation!
I really hope that I'll find the time to join the next meeting, as I had done when there was the meeting with some officials in the Majestic Hotel long time ago.

Crazy 88, I'm not worry about increasing costs of building a house here, if it's worth!
Unfortunately, I just can give out my money one time!
Means, so long I can't see any proper law to feel protected enough about buying houses here, I'll keep my money and others can keep their houses.
No reason to have any regrets about this or to feel envy about each other.

However, as VCP mentioned above, the idea of an association is a start.
So I hope that all is running fine and that the security of real-estate business in town (may be nationwide) can be really improved until it will reach a level, which allows even skeptical people like me to invest their money without too much worries someday!

So, good luck ! :cheers:
VCP
Amateur
Amateur

Post by VCP »

Buksida - sorry I will refrain.

Hogus, wonderful, hope to see you at the meeting. And I do hope eventually this will provide a sense of security that is much needed within the consumer base.
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Lets hope so Hogus .

Caution is not a bad thing .We have heard many stories of people being misinformed about land ownership and other issues,not just by bar stool preachers but by property people .The correct information IS out there .Collating it into a comprehensive and simple to understand information package suitably approved by provincial persons of relevant authority and used by all members would go some way to help potential buyers make informed decisions based on the legal facts rather than some of the myths we have all heard banded about over the years .

SJ could research it,Splilid could type it up and I can go for a swanky dinner evening with the govt officials on the property assoc. expense account and get it stamped and approved . :D All in favour say "I"

Crazy 88
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

Property assoc. expense account.

:D :D :D :D

you got my vote.
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

buksida wrote:Fishboy, you haven't previously had accounts on this forum before have you? Some with the initials HJ? ITK? Hound? ring a bell?
There'll be no alacritous reply forthcoming, one might presume.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."