Ronaldo speaks out. BYE BYE!!!

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Ronaldo speaks out. BYE BYE!!!

Post by BaaBaa. »

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 40,00.html

BYE BYE RONALDO!!!

I'll bet Taggart whisky nose has just spontaneously combusted.

:bow: :naughty:

:lach:

:party:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I would suggest that what he actually said differed from that substantially and it is either a poor translation, or more likely the press trying to stir it up. He probably said,'Real Madrid are a great club and any player would be flattered to be linked with them, but any deal would depend on whether Manchester United wanted to sell me.' SAF isn't stupid and knows what the press are like. I'd wager big money that Ronaldo will still be a Manure player next season.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

I'll bet Taggart whisky nose has just spontaneously combusted
LOL, thing is you can actually picture that in your head. When you watch the slow motion its actually the tip of his nose that first splits open before his whole head auditions for Scanners 3.

I would suggest that what he actually said differed from that substantially
Probably so. Ironic though that he should find himselfonthe wrong end of a exaggerated over-reaction that made a total meal out of something quite normal to you or me :wink: Wine stain.

He'll leave a big hole if he does leave.
Last edited by Super Joe on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Dont spoil it for me Wanderlust :cry:

Im not sure he will be there next season, he would have put a statement out by now if he was 100% sure he was staying, unless he is sure but enjoys having his ego stroked (A distinct possibility with him)

Also, as Scolari told Ronaldo, clubs like Real Madrid only come calling once, Ronaldo has always admitted he'd love to play for them.

Should be interesting to see what happens either way.

:cheers:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

but enjoys having his ego stroked
I thought that said 'egg' for a second Baa Baa :shock:

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Super Joe wrote:
but enjoys having his ego stroked
I thought that said 'egg' for a second Baa Baa :shock:
:laugh: That too! :naughty:
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Wouldn't expect you to agree BaaBaa for obvious reasons but it'd be a shame for the Prem if he left.
You love to watch him play and hate him all at the same time.
The special one was the same, Cantona, Keane, Ginola, Dicks (for WL), Ian w*** w*** w*** etc etc.

SJ
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I would agree actually, I also agree about Mourinho.

I hated/loved the special one too, he was an Arrogant B*****d and a pantomime Villain rolled into one, especially with the many Liverpool v Chelsea encounters, but as soon as he'd gone he was missed.

At least sky follow the likes of Mourinho (no doubt Ronaldo too if he does go) and give there new clubs alot more coverage.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

The Toxin bidding for Ronaldinho rumour isnt going away either.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Wouldn't bet against Hughes ending up another Allardice and regretting leaving his 'smaller' club.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

The reason why Sir Alex and the Owners of Manure don't want Ronaldo to leave because they would like to have another Special Player in their Ranks to Continue the Lagacy of Cantona and ect. It would be a big loss for the Prem if Ronaldo says "Adios Hombre's" and leaves For them "Il Galacticos" but when Big Money calls nobody says no.
Recent rumours that P'Thaks is also bidding for Ronaldo is for laugh out louds. Me don't believe a simgle that comes out of this land mouth.

Looking forward to the upcomming Trading/Transfer Season this year.
(What Europe needs is an American Style Draft System to recruit more young soccer Players)

PS: Had anyone seen the New Soccer Jersay of Hertha Berlin for the Upcomming Season? Sorry for my ranting but... It looks butt ulgy!!!

Your's The understudy!!!
Last edited by The understudy on Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

God,

You tea bags and your soft sport of football. Why didn't you fall in love with a real sport like hockey where the players accually get hurt when the fall down.

Awaiting my thrashing. :wink: :cheers: :thumb:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

The understudy wrote: Recent rumours that P'Thaks is also bidding for Ronaldo is for laugh out louds. Me don't believe a simgle that comes out of this land mouth.
Thaksin is bidding for Barcelonas Ronaldhino not Man Uniteds Ronaldo.
Now that would be proposterous.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Hobiecat wrote:God,

You tea bags and your soft sport of football. Why didn't you fall in love with a real sport like hockey where the players accually get hurt when the fall down.

Awaiting my thrashing. :wink: :cheers: :thumb:
We leave your game to the Upper class Toff Girls in the UK actually Hobie.

Hence the term "Jolly Hockey sticks"

Its also the Girls that play your other national sport, they just renamed it rounders. :mrgreen:
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

That wouldn't be played on the same soft turf foot ball is played on would it? :mrgreen: :cheers: :cheers: :thumb:
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?