NBA finals on TV

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
guru1212
Novice
Novice

NBA finals on TV

Post by guru1212 »

I have been visiting Hua Hin for over 20 years but have just rented an apartment for 3 months. I am from the US and am interested in watching the NBA finals on ESPN via cable in Hua Hin. So far no luck. It seems as though there is little or no interest in this game here, largely due to the majority of expats being from Europe and the Thais also interested in European sports. It also seems as though ESPN is a high tier platform for True cable. The games come on at 8:00am so most bar are closed. I tried a bakery but they did not have ESPN. So far a fruitless search except via radio on the internet. Any ideas where I might view these games? Thanks.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

It might be worth trying Bernies Inn, which is the base of the Hua Hin Golf Society. As long as there is no golf on they would probably put it on for you as they are open at that time and serve breakfasts I believe. Bernies is located in the little 'alley soi' that runs by the side of Mai Tai on Naresdamri Road (where the Hilton is) and also contains the strip of karaoke bars. You could also try Limelight, also open for breakfast I believe, and possibly Jungle Juice on Soi Selekam (see the nightlife map here.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

guru1212

You could try The Lord Nelson on Soi Selarkarm, Pete the owner has a big sports setup, he opens early as well for breakfast. If anywhere in town can get it I'm sure he can.

Watched the highlights of yesterdays game on Eurosport via cable this morning. Best of luck in finding the matches live.

Come on you Celtics. :cheers: :cheers:
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th