Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by PET »

Hin Lek Fai heavy rain started at 1.50pm and then stopped at 2.40 with 45mm. Then at 2.50pm good rain started and continued until a few minutes ago, when more rainfall was 20mm so a total of 65mm AND still very light rain!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

I think Hin Lek Fai is the wettest part of Hua Hin

Seems to come from Myanmar, hit the mountain then dump all the rain there.

Sometimes it makes it to the beach but not so often

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

thecolonel wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:00 pm I think Hin Lek Fai is the wettest part of Hua Hin
Seems to be ... rained all afternoon up soi 88 near HLF, most I've seen in HH for months and a welcome change from weeks of searing heat!
PeteC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:15 pm Past history of this thread indicates that this is quite early for Hua Hin to get the regular/ongoing rain that is happening. Usually it seems Hua Hin's real wet season is near the end of the monsoon in October.
Entering a La Niña cycle so expect more rain than usual this year. Bangsaphan and south will be inundated for months on end as usual from Oct to Dec.

https://theconversation.com/la-nina-is- ... non-228595

Its officially rainy season now according to the weather bods: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-o ... ny-season/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I am sure the rain is spread around. Where I am in Thap Tai, the rain started yesterday at 13.37 and finished sometime after 18.30, when it was much lighter and I decided to pull the curtains. Sometime after that it stopped.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There are severe weather alerts published everywhere, for the entire Gulf and the Andaman side. To the extent to " Be prepared to move to safe ground and protect life and property"...

Perhaps their boilerplate wording but I have never seen so many warnings covering such a large area. :shock:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It seems to be the thing these days - in the UK they issue “warning to life” when it’s no more than what I’d call a normal storm!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:28 pm It seems to be the thing these days - in the UK they issue “warning to life” when it’s no more than what I’d call a normal storm!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"This is nothing, when I was a lad....."
Attachments
PSX_20240523_190623.jpg
PSX_20240523_190623.jpg (88.19 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Yesterday 25mm in Hin lek Fai
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Absolutely chucking it down in Soi 106 since about 1:20 pm.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Besides the monsoon building up, there's a cyclone building up not far off the coast of Burma heading NNE. I think that is contributing to some of the unstable weather Hua Hin and vicinity is getting.

https://www.tmd.go.th/en/supportData/synopticChartsEn
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Chief Drowned Rat reporting. I arrived at the lake, just as the rain was ending (or so I thought :banghead:). I left Mrs BB in the car as a precaution (not allowed to get wet), and off I set with No.2 dog. Half way around, the heavens opened. I'm currently fresh out of a long, hot shower.

Driving conditions horrendous on the way home - a lot of aquaplaning. The end of several Sois e.g. 116, 112, 94 just a full blown river. Enjoyed the drive though.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, that's when one feels very content that they have a 4WD vehicle. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

4WD is the one thing I didn't consider when buying my car - never thought I'd need it. I've always managed, but if I could turn the clock I would definitely have bought 4WD.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I drove through town at the height of it. it was okay until I crossed the railway at 88 from east to west with the intention of driving along the railway line, but I could see the water level was really high, so veered right along the unamed road to 94. That started off okay, then became a lake for its entire length, crossed over where the pizza place was and that wasn't much better until I did a right to cut around to further along 102, that was fine, then 102 had it's moments as well, but the further west I drove the easier the road got.

As BB say's it was good fun, especially as this was the first time I had put the Honda HRV through it's paces in such weather. It was really good. But not the same as a pick up, obviously.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Someone should check the Pranburi reservoir soon to see if it's in better shape than the last look. I think there is a post(s) that someone looked a month or so ago and it was very low.