Paul Ayling attacked in Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
ANITA
Rookie
Rookie

Paul Ayling attacked in Hua Hin

Post by ANITA »

My name is Anita Ayling, I have lived in Hua Hin 6 years now. On monday the 21st november,my son Paul Ayling was returning on his motor bike with his wife Justine from taking his son to school. He was near his house in Bo Fia when 2 guys jumped out of the bushes & attacked Paul with lumps of wood. One guy took aim at Pauls head as he drove past. A Thai man went to get help & 2 guys in truck drove up whom had rang police & ambulance . He was taken to Hua Hin hospital where he was taken for operation straight away. We then had him transferd to Bangkok hospital in Bangkok on the tuesday where he had to have another operation the other side of his head as bleeding on the brain that side.He was them put in a coma. British Embassy have been informed & have visited Paul last friday.
The police are still investigating and as yet not had any news on whom has done this even though we have managed to get 3 names.We have given the names to the police.
We have just recieved a copy of the AWOL paper with a story ,that not true of the sittuation. We would be gratefull to any information.
Anita .
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Paul Ayling attacked in Hua Hin

Post by hhfarang »

Anita, I'm sorry this happened to your son and I hope he has a full recovery. Was his wife ok?

That area of town seems to have had more than its share of these types of attacks in recent years, but usually they are on someone riding home late at night. This sounds like the attackers are getting more brazen and doing it in broad daylight now. Let's hope the police do their job and put these monsters away for good.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

How shocking and worrying for your family. At least Justine wasn't hurt. Any idea of motive yet? The road to Bo Fai is partly unlit and I know there are a large number of construction workers there.

This is the third coma I've heard about this year. It says something when you feel you have to wear a helmet for more than protecting against a traffic accident. :cry:
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I thought the AWOL article was fair and accurate in that the police have confirmed receiving numerous complaints regarding Paul. The rumours are flying fast and furious over this unfortunate incident. One rumour indicates that Paul had thrown rocks at a construction crew near his home. The police are aware of that incident and I would think they are exploring the possibility of a link. He was also accused of headbutting a foreigner in the Binta Baht area, and engaging in other intimidating behavior. I don't know whether these rumours are true or not. I am only repeating what I have heard through the grapevine as you are asking for information, and obviously there must be some motive for this cowardly attack.

I hope your son makes a fast and full recovery.
ANITA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ANITA »

Hi ,I have read the coments so far and think some one is not getting the stories true. Iam thankfull for your good wishes. AWOL did not get in touch with the police and has used the same rumours as you are using.There are alot of rumours going about .
buksida

Post by buksida »

Out of respect for the family of the victim can we try to keep this thread to fact and not rumour.

It was also posted here the day of the incident: viewtopic.php?t=19313

Sorry this has happened to your family Anita, hope Paul makes a speedy recovery and that the perps are served the justice they deserve.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, let's just hope justice prevails and all guilty parties receive their just deserts.

Anita - I hope Paul makes a full and speedy recovery and Justine has not been too badly injured.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I agree there are a lot of rumours going about. While they may not be true, it is true that they are being said, and I hope the police investigate every possibility.
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

Anita, I only posted what I had heard due to your request for information and in no way do I want to offend you.

If you prefer, you may ask the moderator to delete my previous post.

Thank God your grandson had already been dropped off at school and was not on the motorbike when this happened.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

hhfarang wrote:Anita, I'm sorry this happened to your son and I hope he has a full recovery. Was his wife ok?

That area of town seems to have had more than its share of these types of attacks in recent years, but usually they are on someone riding home late at night. This sounds like the attackers are getting more brazen and doing it in broad daylight now. Let's hope the police do their job and put these monsters away for good.

HHF, I've been living in Soi 6 for the last 5 or 6 years, and have not heard of any such incidents involving foreigners. I know of one elderly Thai man that was brutally murdered because his opinion of Taksin differed to the opinions of two building site workers, but this was about two years ago. Shortly after that, i believe a policeman was shot and killed when he tried to enforce the law with a local security guard who was carrying an illegal firearm. Apart from those two cases, the place has been as peaceful as ever (apart from the bloody helicopters).

In this latest case, I'm guessing there's more to it than meets the eye, since no mention of "mugging" has been made, in that the victims don't appear to have been robbed. Surely, if two of Thailand finest were sitting in the bushes waiting to ambush anyone who happened to come past, they would be doing so in the hope of a financial gain. I know some Thai workers can be a little strange, but I can't see them doing something like this just for the fun of it.

Anita, please do keep us updated, and my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm afraid if (and that's a big if) your son did fall out with some Thai workers then he might be the only one who is able to give the police something to go on.

All the best
:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
advocate
Professional
Professional

Post by advocate »

I personally know 2 men who were attacked on the canal road in 2 separate incidents. One Norwegian and a Brit. Both men were knocked off there motorbikes at night and then attacked by a gang of Thai teenagers. The Brit was attacked about 1 year ago and the Norwegian guy about 2 months ago.

Both were swarmed by multiple attackers. My Brit friend said there were at least 15 of them. Both men were injured, the Norwegian very seriously. Both expats are not small men but there is little they could do as there were just too many of them.

A local Thai told me the same gang recently killed a Thai man along Canal road.

So random attacks do occur, but the attack on Paul appears to be targeted. There was no robbery attempt. It occured during the day, whilst the gang I have heard of operates at night. The men were masked and may be known to the victim.

Take care, especially at night on the canal road.
ANITA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ANITA »

advocate wrote:Anita, I only posted what I had heard due to your request for information and in no way do I want to offend you.

If you prefer, you may ask the moderator to delete my previous post.

Thank God your grandson had already been dropped off at school and was not on the motorbike when this happened.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

advocate wrote:I personally know 2 men who were attacked on the canal road in 2 separate incidents. One Norwegian and a Brit. Both men were knocked off there motorbikes at night and then attacked by a gang of Thai teenagers.

What loving parents these kids must have, that they don't even know or suspect what their children are getting up to. Those teens can thank their lucky stars I'm not their father, because I would make it my business to know what they're up to, and if I found they were involved in this sort of crap, I'd thrash the bloody living daylights out of them, and then I'd pay the necessary bribes to have the MIB do the same.

I guess this is the price we all have to pay now that children are no longer allowed to be disciplined. Long live political correctness. :shock:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
ANITA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ANITA »

Takiap wrote:
hhfarang wrote:Anita, I'm sorry this happened to your son and I hope he has a full recovery. Was his wife ok?

HHF, I've been living in Soi 6 for the last 5 or 6 years, and have not heard of any such incidents involving foreigners. I know of one elderly Thai man that was brutally murdered because his opinion of Taksin differed to the opinions of two building site workers, but this was about two years ago. Shortly after that, i believe a policeman was shot and killed when he tried to enforce the law with a local security guard who was carrying an illegal firearm. Apart from those two cases, the place has been as peaceful as ever (apart from the bloody helicopters).

In this latest case, I'm guessing there's more to it than meets the eye, since no mention of "mugging" has been made, in that the victims don't appear to have been robbed. Surely, if two of Thailand finest were sitting in the bushes waiting to ambush anyone who happened to come past, they would be doing so in the hope of a financial gain. I know some Thai workers can be a little strange, but I can't see them doing something like this just for the fun of it.

Anita, please do keep us updated, and my thoughts are with you and your family. I'm afraid if (and that's a big if) your son did fall out with some Thai workers then he might be the only one who is able to give the police something to go on.

All the best
:cheers:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

What's with all the quoting without response?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip