Anywhere without 'girls'

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Robbie414
Novice
Novice

Anywhere without 'girls'

Post by Robbie414 »

Hi, good forum!

My girlfriend and I are coming to Hua Hin in September. We are staying at the S'mor Spa but will obviously spend a fair amount of time in Hua Hin town. Are there any bars that DO NOT have 'girls' or at least are not as in your face. Both my girlfriend and I find the whole thing interesting but the last thing either of us want is it to be slammed in our faces..

Any tips on where to go and where to avoid regarding this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Rob
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

plenty, try Mai Tai cocktail bar next to the Hilton (theres another bar next to that also with no girls). All Nations guesthouse has a bar where backpackers hang out. Rockestra II is a late night live music venue that attracts local thais and farang rock fans.

Most of the 'girlie' bars in Hua Hin are quite tame though so i don't expect you'll get hassled.
Robbie414
Novice
Novice

Thanks

Post by Robbie414 »

For the info, the reason we picked Hua Hin is that is seemed less 'girlie' orientated than other Thai destinations...I have to admit having read most of the posts on this particular forum I was concerned that Hua Hin was going to be full of pervs, which wouldn't bother me too much but I am sure my girlfriend would not be best pleased! but my fears don't seem that warranted now. No patpong ping pong here then?

Thanks

Rob
Len
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Len »

Hi Rob,
We continue to visit Hua Hin (or live there) because it is a unique part of Thailand and nothing like Pattaya. Koh Samui or the like. But pleased be warned that after your visit, if you tell the world we will be after you.
Go hard or go home . . .
Robbie414
Novice
Novice

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds

Post by Robbie414 »

Consider your secret safe!

Now close this quickly before your computer burns!

Thanks again

Rob
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

The reason it is a lot more toned down here is that its a Royal city. The King is in residence most of the time so it has to be 'kept clean'.

Besides for those of us that like the occasional game of pingpong or darts Bangkok is only 2 hours away :twisted:
baron_wastelanduk
Professional
Professional

anywhere without girls

Post by baron_wastelanduk »

as a regular(but not that regular!) visitor to thailand i find the nightlife in Hua Hin to be very refreshing - exceptional fun has to be had with out any hassle too.
i have been known to enjoy the hilton (the band isnt as good now- or wasnt) i have always been out and about with my GF and my best buddy who lives local and never had the usual bangkok/Pattaya of "buy me drink but me drink" hassle
have a great time

CDK
The Baron
CDK

there are three sorts of people in this world those that can count and those that cant