What to do in Hua Hin?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Vinny
Amateur
Amateur

What to do in Hua Hin?

Post by Vinny »

I'm going to be in HH next week from monday to thursday.Going down with me other half,my brother and his wife.I'm gonna have a look around for land or a decent house to buy but I'm looking for something to do in between the house hunting.Anybody any suggestions.Bars,restaraunts,sightseeing.....etc.

Cheers

Vinny
buksida

Re: What to do in Hua Hin?

Post by buksida »

Theres a ton of places to visit, have a look here for more info: http://www.tourismhuahin.com/attractions-huahin.php
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

To be honest Vinny, with only 4 days to look for a house or land, there will be precious little free time for anything else! As Buksida says there are loads of places to visit, but whether you will fit any sightseeing in is doubtful.
I would say concentrate on the purpose of your visit and leave the sightseeing until you get moved. There will be plenty of time for that later.
If you feel up to it in the evenings there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the centre of town and beyond. The Night Market has plenty of good eating places - it all depends on what you prefer.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
capt
Amateur
Amateur

Post by capt »

[Mod edit: in compliance with forum T&Cs, real estate website has been removed.]
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

As Margaret says, during the day you will probably be too busy to do much sightseeing. Believe me, been there and done that house hunting thing, exhausting.
During my last visit, I eventually got around to visiting the Cicada market. I believe it's on every Saturday/Sunday starting late afternoon. Its held in a large grassed garden area, so not as manic as the street markets. A lot of the stalls were selling handmade items, some very nice stuff, a wee bit different from the norms. There were a few buskers which we enjoyed and lots of food stalls offering a variety of Thai food. The whole place had a really nice relaxed feel about it.
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
Vinny
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Vinny »

Well I'm basically looking for something for my brother and his wife to do while we're out house/land hunting.I don't want to drag him all over HH looking at land and houses.It's their holiday and I'd hate them to have to spend it driving from street to street.I want them to enjoy themselves while I'm hunting and then I'd join them in a bar somewhere later.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Only 4 days Vinney?

I'd be inclined to have a quick skirmish north, south, west and coast to get a feel for the differences. To really ascertain where you want to buy/live takes IMO a lot longer than 4 days. Ideally spend time renting and looking and digging for at least a month.

So, Id do a quick skirmish and then chill with your guests :cheers:

It's also not only about looking but asking too. Many places look good but you need local input to reassure yourself that a location is right :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Vinny wrote:I'm going to be in HH next week from monday to thursday.Going down with me other half,my brother and his wife.I'm gonna have a look around for land or a decent house to buy but I'm looking for something to do in between the house hunting.Anybody any suggestions.Bars,restaraunts,sightseeing.....etc.

Cheers

Vinny
Have you been there before Vinny? If not you should spend some time there first...buying a house is a major thing...why not rent and get the feel of the place first?
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

Vinny,
I have been renting in HH for a year now and still haven't found a home I want to buy. Hua Hin has many choices but research them carefully. Water is a big issue which sellers and real-estate people may not be up front about if you don't ask. I suggest you rent first and get to know the city and surrounding area before you make a purchase.
bonnielass
Professional
Professional

Post by bonnielass »

Plenty to do, it all depends on what your brother and his missus like.
If they are beach bums/sun tanners, the beach stretches for miles and there are some cheap and cheerful bars to keep you fed and hydrated. Avoid the sea near the Hilton as there are very dangerous submerged rocks that will cut your legs to ribbons. There are quite a few golf courses if that is their bag. Otherwise there is no shortage of tour companies offering a variety of trips.

Good luck with your house/land hunting. There is an abundance of worthy advice and information in the relevant section of the Forum. In this part of the world - Caveat Emptor!

BL
Ye canny shove yer Grannie off a bus....
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Not much to do really apart from shopping, eating and drinking. The beach is shite unless you go out of town. The monkeys in Kao Takiap are a common tourist attraction as are a few temples scattered around. Water Park at Black mountain, Fishing at the fishing lodge, Golf at numerous golf courses or driving ranges. Cicada market in Kao Takiap maybe worth a visit. Swimming. As I say not much to do but holidays are supposed to be about that.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Vinny
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Vinny »

Thanks for all the replies.I've been down in HH before.Last time was in 2010.I wanted to get down again in 2011 when I was over but was stranded in BKK due to the floods.Now that I'm living here it's a lot easier for me to scout around.I know 4 days is pretty short but my brother wanted to check out HH himself,and he's only in Thailand for 8 days,so has to be a quickie.

I've got plenty of time to take another trip,but for now I just want to get a feel for the place and get a good idea of what's available regarding the housing market.

Vinny
Jhonstiffler
Novice
Novice

Post by Jhonstiffler »

I had a program to visit that and have a look around overall in 2015. I wanna ask the fellow members that what will be my priorities in HH according to your advice. like where to stay where to eat where to enjoy where to have a disco. I love to be in disco bar. Kindly do my favor.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I think it cannot be repeated enough. Find a place to rent then take your time before you buy. Have a look around by all means to give yourself an idea but you can save yourself a lot of mistakes by renting first. I could spend four days hunting around this forum alone to pick up hints and advice without even going out of the door. Some very good advice in the earlier posts.
cookmanchef
Professional
Professional

Post by cookmanchef »

There isn't a lot to do in town during the daytime except watch the traffic jams build up, more enjoyable in the evening. Head South for beaches, countryside etc in the morning and return for dinner, markets later.

Employ a good agent and specify the important requirements for your land/house, price range, size, proximity to beach etc. They should narrow down your search and save you a lot of time.