Ship on the gulf off Hua Hin beach?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Ship on the gulf off Hua Hin beach?

Post by richard »

What is the large ship on the gulf? Fireworks? for the King?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: Ship on the gulf

Post by Pagey »

I've just had a walk on the beach and it's more like a floating platform than a ship. There was a small fishing boat alongside it.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'll stop off at Queen's Park in a while, and see if I can make out any more with my binoculars.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Re: Ship on the gulf off Hua Hin beach?

Post by PeteC »

Aren't you going to have a fireworks festival there? When they have them over this side they always shoot off from a platform in the sea. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pagey wrote:I've just had a walk on the beach and it's more like a floating platform than a ship. There was a small fishing boat alongside it.
When I worked in Abu Dhabi, they always brought in barges to fire off the fireworks, so this sounds similar.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, what can I say? I went to the beach at Queen's Park with my binoculars, but it was too foggy to see more than 200 yards out to sea. I saw fog :cry: .

Interesting while I was there though, they are building what appears to be a temporary stage that goes over the beach and over the sea. Also, they are also covering at least part of the canal that runs through the park with a temporary platform. Anybody know what's going to happen there, soon?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18