R.I.P. Khun Lynn. (the owner of Lucky restaurant).

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

R.I.P. Khun Lynn. (the owner of Lucky restaurant).

Post by usual suspect »

Many of you who ate in 'Lucky' down Soi Kanjanomai will have no doubt spotted the tall, bumbling figure of the owner Lynn.
Quite a shy man, till you got him chatting, then folk soon saw the honesty of this man coming through, also that he, as an American, was a 'good ole boy', raised in the timber-country of Portland, Oregon..liking nothing better when he was back over there to start his 1940's tractor, hook it up to a farm trailer, then phut-phut into town & take up 2 spaces in Walmart's car-park.. :thumb:
After being unwell for a while now, thinking his diabetes was hitting him hard somewhat he soldiered-on...but un-beknown to him, it was his heart that was the root of his constant fatigue & ailing health.
Alas in the small hours of this morning Lynn suffered 2 strokes/seizures, & a couple more later today, with the doctor openly telling us he was unable to operate to save him due to his weakened state.

Farewell 'Bubba'...we will certainly miss you.. :( :( :(
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: R.I.P. Khun Lynn. (the owner of Lucky restaurant).

Post by richard »

RIP Lynn

Enjoyed your grub and the odd chat many moons ago
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Sad indeed.
He will be remembered by numerous Norwegians thanks to his skills in cooking and serving Norwegian X-mas dinners for at least a decade.
Every December 24th the place was packed with guests and if you forgot to book a seat in advance you hat to sit outside with the plate in your lap.
A really great Hua Hin x-pat has faded away and we will surly miss you, but we will never forget you Lynn. Thank you so much.

R.I.P.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Thats sad, never really got into chats with him but seemed like a nice bloke, I heard he was about to open a new place.. was that right?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

He did, opening day dec 5th- OMG
Poncho
Novice
Novice

Post by Poncho »

I was one of the lucky guys who had the pleasure to meet & know Khun Lynn for the past 7 years. His restaurant was the first one I went to & I along with some other guys went there very often to enjoy a great breakfast. If you knew Lynn, he's what we Americans call a ' handy man or a tinker.' Lynn could fix anything & did most of the time. One great thing about his restaurant he would change the menu to fit your needs, unlike many Thai places that won't change the menu for you. I have never been to his home in Oregon, but my daughter lives close to him in Portland, Or. Even when he went back home he was always fixing something. A decent young man with a good family. He will be missed, but we hope the family will keep his restaurant going. God bless Khun Lynn.
Sincerely, Old Jess
garhook
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garhook »

Sad news indeed
Enjoy K.Lynn's company many times, if not in Lucky then in Romantic bar.
I'll never forget the trip we had up north to Puy's home
Rest in Peace
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

is this the same guy that opened Luckys on the Railway Road a couple of weeks ago? If so RIP and I am shocked

Have been going most days and he has been around doing DIY most days and knocking the olace into shape

Thoughts are with his family now
steve2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by steve2 »

I had a little chat with Lynn the day prior to his passing in his new digs. He was planning a 199 baht Christmas dinner. RIP he was a decent bloke.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Lynn's Thai lady who is now in charge of Lucky r/rant on the railway Rd tonight managed to serve 30+ customers with the Xmas meal they had booked. Lynn would have been well proud of this little lady for doing all this without him..Well done Hoy..we all wish you well.. :cheers:
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Kudos. Nothing but respect to Khun Hoy for doing what she did during what must be a difficult time for her.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Lucky1
Novice
Novice

Post by Lucky1 »

The Lucky Restaurant is now located on Prapokklao road (the busy road along the railroad) near soi 84 (soi San Paulo - behind hospital), where stand a beautiful Lynn photography.

The menu did not change (western and thai food), and they still serve among the best tom yum and other thai dishes I have eaten in Hua Hin, for a thai price, from 9am to 9pm.

I was sad the one in soi Kanjanomai did close (the first place I ate and slept in Hua Hin) but I learned only today what happened from his daughter (Did'nt knew she was and felt sorry for asking)

Will stop here regulary.

Hope to see more people in there next time :-)