Soi 94 map

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 94 map

Post by hhfarang »

I haven't been inside so maybe someone else can verify this information, but the old Souay Vista on 94 near Teppanyaki and Oy's seems to be reopened and remodeled a bit (at least painted) under a new name and I assume new management. The sign outside now reads "The Saxophone Pub".
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Last week I stopped to take a look. Spoke with a farang who said they'll open in Oct. I think he said late Oct, but am not sure.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

What kind of place will it be? Same type; live music and appetizers/drinks, or will it be a full menu restaurant?
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Live music, bar and food, but I didn't ask about what sort of food.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Correction: the old Souay Vista is called the Saxophone Lounge (not Pub).

In other news there is a very new place opened on the corner of Soi 88 extension 1 block north of Soi 94 (used to be a Thai restaurant) called Coopers Beer Garden. A handwritten sign posted on the side facing the Soi 94 direction says "Brit Corner, Pub Grub, Pool".
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Good luck to saxophone, they will need it, very difficult to find, on a cul de sac soi and OY which did produce some traffic is closing.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've been out re-checking the map again this morning. Changes are (West to East):

Oy Restaurant has relocated back to its old site.
Saiboo has opened up next to Teppanyaki
The Saxophone Lounge has risen from the ashes of the old Souay Vista
Happy Pig has relocated from Bintablock to just across the road from Big Mamma
Krua La Poon has taken over the site where Smile 94 was.
Info only Korat Kitchen is still being refurbished, but only looks days from completion.
Amara Bake Cafe has been closed for many weeks now.
C'Cup Cafe is a new build
A sign has been up for some time on the site next door to Mirabelle stating that La Palais De La Crepe is coming soon.
Krua Manow has gone, and has been replaced by Oy Restaurant, which opens tomorrow.

Photos:
Saiboo
Saiboo
The Saxophone Lounge 1
The Saxophone Lounge 1
The Saxophone Lounge 2
The Saxophone Lounge 2
Happy Pig will follow later - unable to get photo today.
Krua La Poon
Krua La Poon
C'Cup Cafe
C'Cup Cafe
La Palais De La Crepe
La Palais De La Crepe
Oy Restaurant
Oy Restaurant
If we've missed anything, please let us know by this time tomorrow, when I will pass the above to our map maker.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Good info, thanks BB!
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Post by alleykat »

We have been regular patrons of Oy Restaurant for several years now, from when he first worked as a chef at a small restaurant on the railway road, then when he opened his first restaurant on soi 94 by the railway crossing. That restaurant had some atmosphere and character. It was very popular and did very well.

Then he moved further up soi 94 and built the restaurant that he has been in for the last few years.
My personal opinion is that it had no atmosphere, and the decor reminded me of a school cafeteria, or some kind of institution.

Now, he has moved back to the original Khun Oy restaurant site, and I noticed he has set it up quite similar to the one he has just moved from. Sure, he is going back to the better, original location (lots of tourists don't quite make it as far up the back blocks as his last one), however I wonder if he has lost something of the vibe that the original one had.

Will wait and see.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Happy Pig photo:
Happy Pig
Happy Pig

Points 41; Position 18
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Here is our latest Soi 94 map:
soi94.jpg
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Post by Korkenzieher »

If you are going to locate places like Terrace 94, in the sois at the bottom of 94, then there are a few others that deserve to be added. There is a Thai seafood & noodle only place between T90 and the small cross road; the very popular Thai restaurant at the junction of Petch and 88/2; (I think it is..) Cajutan on 88/1. I will come back with the names of the Thai places if I can work them out. There also used to be a cafe on the junction between 88/1 and the cross road from Nareswan Hotel, though that may no longer be in operation.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Couple of nights ago I was eating at Datcha (rabbit, simply divine!) while Oy opposite had obviously an opening party going on. They made such racket, I'll never visit Oy unless I can be sure there's no loud music and no screaming nut-case on the mike.

Why is it that so many bars and restaurants in Thailand want to repel customers with their sonic weaponry?
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
pdm3547
Professional
Professional

Post by pdm3547 »

Farang wrote:Couple of nights ago I was eating at Datcha (rabbit, simply divine!) while Oy opposite had obviously an opening party going on. They made such racket, I'll never visit Oy unless I can be sure there's no loud music and no screaming nut-case on the mike.

Why is it that so many bars and restaurants in Thailand want to repel customers with their sonic weaponry?
Yes, I was at Lan La Bar at the same time. I can only assume it was karaoke.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Korkenzieher wrote:If you are going to locate places like Terrace 94, in the sois at the bottom of 94, then there are a few others that deserve to be added. There is a Thai seafood & noodle only place between T90 and the small cross road; the very popular Thai restaurant at the junction of Petch and 88/2; (I think it is..) Cajutan on 88/1. I will come back with the names of the Thai places if I can work them out. There also used to be a cafe on the junction between 88/1 and the cross road from Nareswan Hotel, though that may no longer be in operation.
I will seek clarification from Admin for future surveys (next about Feb 2015). However, please note:

- Terrace 90 is a long term sponsor, and we included them for that reason.
- Restaurants or bars that only have Thai names are not included. Even if somebody translates for us, the average Joe Public would still have difficulty finding it without an English written sign.
- We have to draw limits on the boundaries of our survey. If we include Sois 88/1 & 88/2, why not include Market Village?

Points 41; Position 18