New track in soi 94?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

New track in soi 94?

Post by Homer »

Four days ago:
HHKart1-700.jpg
Today:
HHKart2-700.jpg
Is it a track? I can't think of what else would use such a ribbon of soon-to-be pavement. Will it be for R/C cars or Karts? Can't imagine R/C would ever pay for itself. As for Karts, who would allow ..... oh that's right, no zoning laws.

On the 88-94 connector, 100m north of Krua Manao restaurant. Link to the Soi 94 map viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25858&start=15#p332560
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: Will this be a track? For what?

Post by Pleng »

I can't see a second kart track being needed in HH

But then again, we didn't really need 3 floating markets, either! :D
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New track in soi 94?

Post by Homer »

how many mini soccer fields came and went?
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

I am not going to recognize soi 94 when I get there.
Lots of changes in only 2 years.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Homer wrote:how many mini soccer fields came and went?

Not sure but the one near Hua-Hin Commercial College has been there for some time already and is used practically every evening. Actually looks quite good with its artificial turf and floodlights lighting it up at night.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Pleng wrote:I can't see a second kart track being needed in HH

To the best of my knowledge the original kart track out near the airport is no longer operational.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

Takiap wrote:
Pleng wrote:I can't see a second kart track being needed in HH

To the best of my knowledge the original kart track out near the airport is no longer operational.

i was with the owner from the track near the airport yesterday and he said everything was good so its not closed
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Yea they're still advertising so I'm guessing they're still operating :)
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Open when I stopped on my way to cha-am yesterday. I've never seen karts in use there. Anyone know when are their busy times?
HHCanuck
Professional
Professional

Post by HHCanuck »

My family and I were excited about the kart track advertised in Hua Hin when we first arrived 2 years ago. When we went to it I was shocked it was a run down dump with a few broken karts that didn't look like they would even run. We quickly left and haven't been back since.

I had expectations of it being on par with Pattaya and Bangkok tracks based on the photos in the advertisements, my boys and I were very disappointed.

I hope someone opens a well maintained track my boys and I will be patrons of it.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

I haven't been to the track for a while but when I went there on a few occasions I had a great time and it was not overly expensive. The karts worked fine, people were friendly and our group went away very happy. Okay, the track was a bit bumpy in places and karts were not shiny new things but they certainly went well, did not break down and more importantly stopped well too. It was considerably cheaper than the indoor ones back in the UK and for a country where safety seems to take a back seat this was addressed in a practical manner.
More recently I have passed the track and can understand the comment about it looking run down. Not sure if the owner can comment on here as it may be taken as advertising but certainly deserves the opportunity to respond.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I also haven't been for a while but whenever I've been I've had a great time. The karts were fine, but I don't really have anything to compare them against.

Would love to experience it under the floodlights.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

The appearance of the place is what led me to believe it is no longer operational. Up until a few years ago it always looked well kept but these days the place really looks like a business venture that was just left to die. It's a shame really because with the right sort of advertising, I'm sure it could be a popular attraction between Thais and foreigners alike.

BOZ
Professional
Professional

Post by BOZ »

I would love to have a nice track to enjoy.... I was wondering about the one by the airport as it is very close to us... Keep us posted on what happens with this new track.....
Boz

Life is short, live it to the fullest!!!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I'll have to go and check it out again it would seem. It's always looked pretty tatty to me (not sure how a GoKart Track is supposed to look?) so if it's worse now than it was a few years ago, I'm very interested to see what it looks like.