What's On & Where To Go Hua Hin - PlearnWan

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

What's On & Where To Go Hua Hin - PlearnWan

Post by Big Boy »

Final set of photos not previously posted.

Easily spotted as you drive North out of Hua Hin. There are often 3 or 4 brave (or very foolish) people with luminous orange sticks who jump out in front of traffic in the nearside lane in the hope or diverting traffic into the small car parks around the complex in the hope of gaining a 40 Baht parking fee.

There is nothing authentic about the build, but it does look the part, and provides many photo opportunities for the swathes of visitors who seem to go out of there way to be there. This attraction is very popular with the weekend Bangkokians. Scattered around the sites are museum pieces that range from posters to motor vehicles. At the far end of the complex is a small fairground, which includes a ferris wheel.
DSC00001.jpg
DSC00005.jpg
DSC00006.jpg
DSC00007.jpg
DSC00008.jpg
DSC00009.jpg
DSC00012.jpg
20131104_134209.jpg
DSC00016.jpg
DSC00020.jpg
DSC00020.jpg (62.03 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
DSC00022.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re: What's On & Where To Go Hua Hin - PlearnWan

Post by jumusman »

Nice post. I like this place, its fun to take a Thai lady there, have some food and sweets. The fairground area is fun too, I was addicted to the game where you have to bounce the tennis ball into the basket, I won 4 times though!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
ryouz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ryouz »

it's a fun place to see what it's like in the old days. but once was enough for me.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Yawn
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Post by Stargeezer »

My wife and Thai family from BKK enjoyed their visits to this part of Hua Hin. Thanks for the Pictures
Big Boy, it brings back the good memories. That quote came from my wife to you!
A lot of the BKK families like Hua Hin as it is only a 2 to 3 hour drive out of the city and is a
good place for a day at the beach or beaches, as well when we are travelling into this part of the country. Cha Am is a popular place for BKK crowd on the beach as it is closer to BKK and there are more Thai tourists there, meaning a bit more clothes on the body. At least that is the story I get from my relatives from the big city.
Stargeezer
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.