Collonade closed for refurbishment/re-branding?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Collonade closed for refurbishment/re-branding?

Post by Big Boy »

I was sat at the Tessebahn lights earlier today when I noticed the ill-fated Collonade has now fully closed, and the workmen are refurbishing. Looking at the billboards, they seem to have some big names due to move in. Here's hoping it is more of a success next time.
DSC00895.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Re: Collonade closed for refurbishment/re-branding?

Post by Big Boy »

A blown up version of the above (taken whilst stationary at traffic lights :wink: )
Attachments
collonade.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

It was much better when the restaurants were there!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Agree! There were some little gems amongst them.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

They should make it into a multi story car park......that's what's needed in central HH
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I noticed it was empty about three weeks ago, I too preferred the restaurants and the great second hand bookshop that was there in the corner before they built Collonade.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

The owners took a relatively popular "square" with small restaurants that seemed to do very well indeed and turned it into a trial and error commercial disaster zone. They don't seem to have heard of doing market research before pouring money into this project. You just have to wonder how long this "trendy Chinese market" will last. I totally agree it should become a parking garage.

(It joins a growing list of monumental HH business failures headed by Venezia, the "floating" markets and that "Chatuchak market" out by the airport that lasted about a week.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

I have mentioned it at several occassions, and I will do it again;

"Market Research" is an unknown subject in Thailand.

A garage complex is needed and could easily turn a profit.
A friend is only one click away
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Lung Per wrote:A garage complex is needed and could easily turn a profit.
They've already got one in the basement, and I use it quite a lot. I've never seen it more than half full - usually running at 20% or less.

Points 48; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote:
They've already got one in the basement, and I use it quite a lot. I've never seen it more than half full - usually running at 20% or less.
Do you know if that part is still open, Big Boy? I use it now and again and it is always nearly empty.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

The entrance (to the car park) was blocked up by building materials when I passed it a couple of days ago.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Nereus wrote:
Big Boy wrote:
Do you know if that part is still open, Big Boy? I use it now and again and it is always nearly empty.
I was going to say yes, as I'd used it since the shops were emptied. However, having read Pleng's reply that has to become a probably not/I don't know - sorry.

Points 48; Position 18
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

the entrance still is blocked its full of rsj's which are not going anywhere fast
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

If they wanted to build some synergy they could connect with the Hua Hin Shopping Mall next door via walking bridge from 2nd and 3rd floors. Could bring the critical mass needed for such a project to generate more foot traffic. Just a thought.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I didn't think you could use the car park unless you were shopping in the mall, i.e. had to show stamped parking ticket or sales receipt to the exit guard.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?