Helping the children at the Pala-u orphanage

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Helping the children

Post by GLCQuantum »

One thing I'd like to mention is, for anyone who makes the journey to offer goodies to underprivelidged children, try to have some activities for the children to enjoy rather than simply turning up and handing over stuff. This will let them know that you have a vested interest in them rather than just being richer than them.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

GLC, read associated threads and see what people are trying to accomplish with these kids and institutions concerning charity and welfare. When finished, if you don't understand Joe's post and meaning......nothing further can be said.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

Jesus guys give it a rest.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

rocker wrote:Jesus guys give it a rest.
Agreed, please :offtopic:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

"Calm down, calm down". :)

There are already many various threads regarding these children in need and good Samaritans helping. I don't think there's much harm having an on topic discussion regarding these kids and what can help them on at least one of the threads.

On that note, my school has offered 20 reams of A4 paper to donate (nothing for them, they own the biggest paper company in Asia). I won't be down in Hua Hin until Xmas, but who could I give it to when I come.

Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

GLCQuantum wrote:

"Calm down, calm down". :)

There are already many various threads regarding these children in need and good Samaritans helping. I don't think there's much harm having an on topic discussion regarding these kids and what can help them on at least one of the threads.

On that note, my school has offered 20 reams of A4 paper to donate (nothing for them, they own the biggest paper company in Asia). I won't be down in Hua Hin until Xmas, but who could I give it to when I come.

I agree with you GLCQ...the more they have in support the better. I do not think the visit is until January? BB will know the date. Paper is great, it was a luxury when even I was at school many years ago. I was lucky my father was a head master :wink: Pens and pencils are good too and easy to post.

BTW...I think that all forum members should refrain from "putting down" other members. We all know our faults and I don't think it necessary to broadcast this to everyone on the forum.
No names mentioned, there are a few "guilty of this crime" including a Mod!
lizzy

Re: Helping the children at the Pala-u orphanage

Post by lizzy »

Thanks you for the generous offer of paper GLCQuantum. Pm me when you are back in Hua Hin and I can collect and arrange delivery.
All school supplies gratefully received as are any other donations.

Please do not forget our need to buy a newer car or truck to help support the villagers and children.
Check the website jungleaid.org it is easy to donate. All money received goes directly to our causes, we are a very small local organisation.

Thank you to everyone who has donated money,clothing, time and supported our fund raisers.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

lizzy wrote:Thanks you for the generous offer of paper GLCQuantum. Pm me when you are back in Hua Hin and I can collect and arrange delivery.
All school supplies gratefully received as are any other donations.

Please do not forget our need to buy a newer car or truck to help support the villagers and children.
Check the website jungleaid.org it is easy to donate. All money received goes directly to our causes, we are a very small local organisation.

Thank you to everyone who has donated money,clothing, time and supported our fund raisers.
Is this organisation supporting just the Pala-u orphanage or others as well? jungleaid.org

This can also be found on facebook. So will make others aware too!
lizzy

Post by lizzy »

We support this Home for Students and several villages in the border area. Facebook and the website jungleaid.org tell you what are main projects are now. There are monthly trips to do medical clinics and assess what needs doing.

Think , " hand up not hand out"
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

Just had a couple pop into the Salon and made a wonderful cash donation ,will be passing it on towards the four wheel drive kitty ,a great big thanks to Roberta and fritz ,from John,and the good people of Jungle aid really appreciated .....lizzy I will give it to Sampson on saturday ok
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

The paper offer is fantastic GLC .nice one
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

hi we have been to pala u childrens home and took a few pictures if you would like to see them
check out my face book page ,https://www.facebook.com/john.ginnelly.7
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

rocker wrote:hi we have been to pala u childrens home and took a few pictures if you would like to see them
check out my face book page ,https://www.facebook.com/john.ginnelly.7
Hi John,
for those of us that don't have Facebook could you please upload on the forum? Alternatively you can email to me and I will upload for you.
:thumb:
GN.
rocker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rocker »

Hi guys ,, I am trying to locate some items for the children ,a slide , monkey bars , parallel bars . rope climbs .anything along these lines , new or secondhand , dont mind repairing anything that could be done
so if you know where I could buy ,or if you know of anyone that wants to sell or donate please let me know thanks
daddee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by daddee »

[quote="rocker"]hi we have been to pala u childrens home and took a few pictures if you would like to see them
check out my face book page
Hi John, sent you a message on Facebook.

Cheers,

Daddee