Another Water Outage in soi 94

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

Another Water Outage in soi 94

Post by Big Boy »

Many homes in the Soi 94 area are without water. A Thai announcement has stated it will be for some time (no idea what that means), while they make necessary improvements. I've no idea how far the outage spreads.

Personally, we've been without water for about 14 hours so far.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
lomuamart

Re: Another Water Outage in soi 94

Post by lomuamart »

Unfortunately, the water shortages will probably get worse and spread around town as the summer progresses. It seems to me just a case of build, build build without any thought for amenities such as water.
We're quite close to Petchkasem Road and so normally get a trickle through the night to top the tank up- hasn't got that bad yet.
However, every year we've got to be careful. During droughts, my wife showers at a family's house. Whenever I go swimming, practice or play golf I make sure I use the showers there.
So, that must be at least 1 shower a week!!!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Yep - develop, develop and then more......

But still - the latest developments will all be 'EIA Approved' - what a load of borrox.......... :banghead: :banghead:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Water's also out over here in Smor Phrong. The guys at the help desk set up outside the local school said water should be back first thing tomorrow morning. They had a couple of water tankers on standby in case of need.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just seen a notice that the water should be flowing by midnight tonight :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

We all take water for granted. At our house my well dried up because they built a new resavour outside of the village. We had water delivered by truck to fill a 2000 litre tank and a few large garden pots 400 baht, this only lasts about two days.
We are now connected to the village supply that's switched on for three hours a day.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They lied :cuss: . No water at Baan Big Boy yet :cry:

Points 48; Position 18
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Don't worry chaps - all will be back to normal by April 13th.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

lomuamart wrote:Unfortunately, the water shortages will probably get worse and spread around town as the summer progresses. It seems to me just a case of build, build build without any thought for amenities such as water.
We're quite close to Petchkasem Road and so normally get a trickle through the night to top the tank up- hasn't got that bad yet.
However, every year we've got to be careful. During droughts, my wife showers at a family's house. Whenever I go swimming, practice or play golf I make sure I use the showers there.
So, that must be at least 1 shower a week!!!
I don't really think of water as an amenity, I think it's a necessity.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:They lied :cuss: . No water at Baan Big Boy yet :cry:
Same in Smor Phrong. Now they say water will flow tomorrow. However, they must have released some water during the night because our tanks were full this morning. There's nothing on the tetsabaan web site about this - plenty of pics of the mayor though.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I don't know if it's the same problem but my partner tells me over the phone that there's a damaged water main being repaired at the moment out on the Pulau U road and I know a major supply into town runs along there.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

There's some form of road widening going on along the Pa La U Rd. They had for sure broken a water main outside the Mini-mart last Sunday. Maybe they've done it again..................
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Everything I've read has indicated a broken water pump.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've just been watching an army water bowser delivering water to the next street, so hopefully we're next :D

Points 48; Position 18
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

No water up Chomsin Rd for 3 days now..just got back from Issan (yes, longing for a proper shower)..& still no water FFS
At least every other time they've turned it back on each evening..grrr!
So how many days does it take a 'team' ofThai workmen to repair a water main?? (A. more than 3!)