RIP Richard Sabin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Big Boy

RIP Richard Sabin

Post by Big Boy »

The following message has been received from richard's daughters:
Dear friends of Richard,

This message comes to you from Richard via his daughters. We are incredibly embarrassed and ashamed to have to write this however we have no choice.

As you will all know by now our dad is currently in intensive care in the Bangkok Christian hospital. He's now had two major operations and his state is critical. A large part of his esophagus has been removed and they have moved his stomach to accommodate this. He is now trying to recover but is not in a great way. The other worry is the fact that his legs are now incredibly cold and black and the DVT is understandably getting worse. Obviously the long term worry is amputation.

The other major worry is that the stubborn old Yorkshireman did not take out any insurance and even though we have got him to a Christian hospital the bills are mounting up. So far we have paid out about £15k but that's not including all the ops and that was a few days ago. We know we have a lot of money to find.

Dad, sadly, has nothing left so it falls to us to finance it. We are both in tricky situations as Emma is currently on sick pay after being off work since June 2013 after being diagnosed with breast cancer. Polly is up to her eyes in debt already.
Our uncle is supporting us but again he is not able to keep covering the bills.

The point of this email is to ask if any of you would like to donate any money to this situation. Please do not feel you have to - this is just if anyone can or wants to donate even small amounts to help fund this horrendous nightmare. We are chasing some loans and have been to the embassy who were useless, so this really is our last port of call.

We are so ashamed to write this and if you choose not to send any money we will understand as everyone has their own lives to fund. It is just a desperate plea as we know you are all good friends of Richard. If you would like copies of the bills happy to forward or if you have any advice then it's very much appreciated.

Much love to you all and to those we haven't seen in years we hope you and your families are well.

Emma & Pollyanna x

Ps would appreciate you forwarding on to anyone you think could help
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Richard.

Post by NOKYAI »

Hi,
Many people here know Richard either online or have met him personally. Unfortunately last week he became seriously ill and was taken into hospital. A group of friends kept a vigil until his daughters arrived from the UK and the decision taken to move him to BKK where he could get more appropriate care.
They have asked me to post the following email from them.

[Mod (Big Boy) Edit] Nokyai, I slightly beat you too it, so I have edited the duplication, and merged the 2 threads. Hope you're not offended.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Richard Sabin

Post by NOKYAI »

Sorry I have also posted the same in News....feel free to remove it.

NOKYAI
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Very sad news that I am sorry to hear.

Okay, if we want to help, how can we do so?
Talk is cheap
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have passed that on to his daughters.....
arneuki
Amateur
Amateur

Post by arneuki »

They need money!
The other major worry is that the stubborn old Yorkshireman did not take out any insurance and even though we have got him to a Christian hospital the bills are mounting up. So far we have paid out about £15k but that's not including all the ops and that was a few days ago. We know we have a lot of money to find.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

arneuki wrote:They need money!
I know.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I would guess look up Emma Sabin or Pollyanna Sabin on Facebook. However, I will ask if there's an e-mail address.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I have been given this e-mail address andreas@thai-health.com , which his daughter Emma has approved.

[Edit] Confusion reigns. Hold fast on the above e-mail address - trying to get further confirmation.

Points 48; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dreadful news - thanks for the contact address BB.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Please look at contact address post again - awaiting clarification.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Correct contact e-mail is emmasabin@gmail.com - very sorry for confusion.

Points 48; Position 18
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Must have just crossed posts - thanks for the clarification.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

If you contact Emma on her gmail, she can give bank account numbers if anyone wishes to donate.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I've just put somebody else in touch with her for that very reason. Once again the generosity of forum members is overwhelming - well done guys.

Points 48; Position 18