Rip Off Hua Hin

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Rip Off Hua Hin

Post by dundrillin »

One Court Jester is about to leave but his replacement has arrived!
Three
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Three »

HHTel wrote:As has already been said, my biggest gripe has been the slump of the pound. At the current exchange rate, my pension has been cut by 25,000 baht a month since my fellow countrymen voted to leave the EU. Maybe the UK government, who already froze my pension a few years ago, will make up the shortfall....... lol,.... Is that a pig flying overhead?
Yes, GBP has fallen precipitously since the vote.

25,000 baht per month less since Brexit implies a tidy monthly pension of about 2700 GBP, assuming you are reporting a 25k shortfall on the gross amount.
Three
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Three »

dundrillin wrote:One Court Jester is about to leave but his replacement has arrived!
No really, I've seen the light!

Anyone who thinks Hua Hin is a great place needs compassion, not further abuse.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

When you compare the best FX, over any period, with the worst you are not being realistic. The comparison of current to average over 5 years- 10 years is much more realistic.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Three wrote:
dundrillin wrote:One Court Jester is about to leave but his replacement has arrived!

I'm not normally not someone who repleies to trolls but.... stop wasting the electrical Pixies.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It's not just Hua Hin, Thais in general will take advantage of any situation to make some extra baht...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mourning-tha ... 39122.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Capitalism in action,you may be familiar with it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The article mentions that some are profiteering but some companies are offering FREE dye. It's not all bad.
Three
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Three »

Bristolian wrote:
Three wrote:

I'm not normally not someone who repleies to trolls but.... stop wasting the electrical Pixies.
You don't get it. I'm serious. God knows what hellholes and bad or absuive lives some expats over here have come from that they think Hua Hin is a good place. It's all relative and if Thailand is an improvement, good on ya.

Re: your post on exchange rates. Brits have found the cost of EVERYTHING in Thailand has suddenly shot up nearly 20% since the Brexit vote. That is apt to make the place distinctly less appealing.

Have no idea what you were talking about. But then neither did you.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Well done for Brits, must be punished for their stupid vote.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

hhfarang wrote:It's not just Hua Hin, Thais in general will take advantage of any situation to make some extra baht...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mourning-tha ... 39122.html
In what country doesn't it happen?
blahblah
Amateur
Amateur

Post by blahblah »

europtimiste wrote:Well done for Brits, must be punished for their stupid vote.
If you do not intend living in the UK, the vote may seem stupid.
For those of use who do live there, we have had enough of being ruled from Brussels and Berlin. Watch the EU for the next 3 years, then perhaps we can properly decide whether the out vote was stupid or clever.

The majority voted OUT and are (or will be) happy to be out - even if it means losing cash - some of us that bored out were well aware that we would lose cash, but we still voted out.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

blahblah..bla thats fits you very well. I only regret that EU didn't knock you out long time ago, you backwards walkers.
The Brexit will be hard and I hope you will suffer a lot.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

What a really nice person you are optimiste!!

However, BlahBlah, the leave vote had 4% win over remain on a 72.2% turnout with 28% of eligible voters that didn't even make it to the polls. Not a decisive result and time will tell whether it was the right decision.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

europtimiste wrote:blahblah..bla thats fits you very well. I only regret that EU didn't knock you out long time ago, you backwards walkers.
The Brexit will be hard and I hope you will suffer a lot.
Must be a Walloon! :laugh:
Talk is cheap