Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Post Reply
europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste » Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm

I read again fckg. stupid comments by farangs. I shit on the value of 25 or 50 satang. You cannot buy this in a bank, only at 7/11. If you have some in your purse, Tesco, Makro or Big C will be happy. Are some 25 0r 50 satang heavy for your purse ? or are you too heavy ?

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste » Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:12 pm
Big C, Palau Road. Change comes to 11.75 Baht. She hands me 11.00 Baht. I say if you don't have change please get some or just give me 12.00 Baht. After half a minute of standing showing her the change in my hand she opens the same till and gives me the additional 0.75.

Cheating, pure and simple. At least the Indians in small Dubai marts barefacedly chuck a small pack of chewing gum at you in lieu. And I never accepted that either!
It's a shame considering a 0,25 Bhat stealing. I do not care to lose this stupid coin nor having 2 or 3 of them in my purse.
Not surprised from whom comes this comments and who started this topic.

User avatar
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4051
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am
Location: California is now in the past hello Thailand!!

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by migrant » Tue May 08, 2018 8:25 pm

You have a purse???
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

User avatar
caller
Addict
Addict
Posts: 9096
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Usual cheating at the till.

Post by caller » Tue May 08, 2018 9:22 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:34 am
Completely correct attitude. It's a great shame that people lose the moral idea that stealing is wrong, whether it's a penny or a million. The world nowadays has lost its way, in that most people now believe that it's not the good behaviour that the world needs, but only talk about culpability in terms of the amount of money or the size of the crime. Don't say TIT, it's not the point. I fight for strangers too, not just myself. I understand that in Thailand that can get you into a lot of trouble, but it even got me almost killed in the UK though, so....
Sanctimony, sanctimony, he's really got sanctimony!

(with apologies to all at Carry on and Kenneth Williams). :D
Talk is cheap

MDMK
Guru
Guru
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by MDMK » Tue May 08, 2018 10:25 pm

migrant wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:25 pm
You have a purse???
well of course he has, what else would he put in his man-bag?

about the OP, I actually agree with you and hope I ever have the energy to stand my ground. I just never do and let them short change me by paltry amounts, but I do dislike it. Just do away with the smallest coins and be done with it.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by 404cameljockey » Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am

Well, a few people who believe in basic good behaviour as its own reward and a few who don't care less unless it's something that's going to hurt. Nothing new there. And a couple of cameljockey bashers exercising their low-level wit, I do like to start a thread every now and then and embellish the tale a bit, just for this. Especially eurotrash, he/she is the ultimate trophy. If that one feels upset enough to make a derogatory comment, it's the gold vein! :D

Out of interest, Tesco Lotus yesterday, change due 10.75, change given 10.75. Hats off to them.

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste » Wed May 09, 2018 2:12 pm

404cameljockey wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:12 am
Well, a few people who believe in basic good behaviour as its own reward and a few who don't care less unless it's something that's going to hurt. Nothing new there. And a couple of cameljockey bashers exercising their low-level wit, I do like to start a thread every now and then and embellish the tale a bit, just for this. Especially eurotrash, he/she is the ultimate trophy. If that one feels upset enough to make a derogatory comment, it's the gold vein! :D

Out of interest, Tesco Lotus yesterday, change due 10.75, change given 10.75. Hats off to them.
Back to your cameltrack....not even joker......555

User avatar
StevePIraq
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2584
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: Ting Tong Land

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by StevePIraq » Wed May 09, 2018 5:47 pm

I have never had an issue at Big C, my question to the OP, why didn't you go straight to the manager who sites in line with the tills and complain.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali

hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by hin » Wed May 09, 2018 6:47 pm

why didn't you go straight to the manager who sites in line with the tills and complain.
WHAT...?? And loose this golden oportunity to cackle in the hen house,,?

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3515
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by oakdale160 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:14 am

Compared to the trick played in bars where you give them 1000b and they bring change for 500, this is nothing

brianks
Guru
Guru
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Nongpranphuk, Hua Hin

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by brianks » Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 am

I went to the Post Office yesterday to mail an EMS package to the U.S. Bill was 1,622 Baht. I gave teller 2,000 baht and he slapped down on the counter 278 baht in change. I immediately protested the amount was not correct. Teller could not even add it himself and tried to show me it was correct. The correct amount of 378 baht was on the receipt but he couldn't read that. Took a few minutes of protesting to finally show him he was wrong. Then he pulls out the missing 100 baht note and hands it to me. I went to the back of the P.O. and lodged my protest to an English speaker there. Wonder how long this guy has been cheating the customers.

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste » Thu May 10, 2018 10:01 am

brianks wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:12 am
I went to the Post Office yesterday to mail an EMS package to the U.S. Bill was 1,622 Baht. I gave teller 2,000 baht and he slapped down on the counter 278 baht in change. I immediately protested the amount was not correct. Teller could not even add it himself and tried to show me it was correct. The correct amount of 378 baht was on the receipt but he couldn't read that. Took a few minutes of protesting to finally show him he was wrong. Then he pulls out the missing 100 baht note and hands it to me. I went to the back of the P.O. and lodged my protest to an English speaker there. Wonder how long this guy has been cheating the customers.
How many times did this happen to you ? Why are you thinking that he cheated customers for a long time ? Any proof ?
Easy to accuse....did you never made a mistake ?

User avatar
laphanphon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:15 am
Location: PKK

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by laphanphon » Thu May 10, 2018 10:04 am

A common 'error' at petrol filling station, and many other registers. The Mrs catches it a lot, as usually pays out her window.

Most times, no question or argument, and the missing 100 baht appears very fast without question. Amazing Thailand.

Twice I didn't even have to ask for the missing 100 baht, as at the registers, I don't move, until I compare my change to the receipt, and amazingly, handed the 100 baht note before even asking for it ..... TIT
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness ... Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

europtimiste
Guru
Guru
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by europtimiste » Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

laphanphon wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:04 am
A common 'error' at petrol filling station, and many other registers. The Mrs catches it a lot, as usually pays out her window.

Most times, no question or argument, and the missing 100 baht appears very fast without question. Amazing Thailand.

Twice I didn't even have to ask for the missing 100 baht, as at the registers, I don't move, until I compare my change to the receipt, and amazingly, handed the 100 baht note before even asking for it ..... TIT
Next time pay with credit card, you will not have to check the change, just the receipt....555

User avatar
laphanphon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:15 am
Location: PKK

Re: Usual cheating at the till, Big C Hua Hin

Post by laphanphon » Thu May 10, 2018 11:12 am

555 .... and await the charges for what they ordered online, or that cash advance their friend at the bank authorized..... 555
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness ... Mark Twain

Thank God for Atheists

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MDMK and 3 guests