Hua Hin Supermarkets

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Nereus
Addict
Addict

Re: Hua Hin Supermarkets

Post by Nereus » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 am

… think that was when Makro was still a Farang entity. Makro in Thailand is now Makro Thailand and it's owned by the CP group who are not likely to turn customers away regardless if they are business owners or not.
Actually young fellow, it is called Siam Macro and it is a Public Company. CP are certainty the major share holders, but the Dutch are second in line.

quote wiki: Thailand
Siam Makro Public Company Limited was established in 1988. At the end of 2014 there were 77 Makro stores and five Siam Frozen Food stores in operation, serving a registered customer base of 2.6 million. Revenues for 2015 were 156 billion baht with a net profit of 5.4 billion baht. Siam Makro shares are traded on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.

It is also interesting to note that Thailand is one of only three operations around the World that allow non business customers. (Belgium and Brazil being the other two) :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:55 pm

I wouldn't rely too much on Wiki mate. As in Thailand, anyone can shop at Makro in South Africa, both in-store and online.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Thistle wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:14 pm
I think the comment about showing your passport was based upon initial registration,,,,,,,,,,,and not something you have to do when enter Makro after you are issued your little red card.
Correct, and it seems that different Makros are less or more strict. I also was issued a bit of paper with the card number on when my wife was out of the country and didn't leave me the card.