Fitness/gyms and life in Hua Hin for an American female

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Laura
Novice
Novice

Fitness/gyms and life in Hua Hin for an American female

Post by Laura »

Hi. I'm considering a move to HH in mid-Feb.
I'll be there next week to check it out.

In the meantime, would like to know if any of the hotels or clubs offer memberships to their gyms? Does anyone know how much these cost per month?

Second, I am kind of wary living in Thailand since there are lots of foreign men who go there for the women, and I would be moving there with my husband (also American), and we are not at all interested in the bar/girl scene. We're hoping that the expat community is large enough so that we can find people with similar interests, but I'd like to get your opinions.

Thanks.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Hi and welcome to the board.
In answer to your first question there are several gyms that all offer membership:
Grand Sport, Hilton and Palm Hills prices range between 1 and 2 thousand baht per month.

Secondly there are many foreign couples that live in Hua Hin so you should have no trouble finding like minded people here. The 'bar girl scene' is very small here and only really limited to one small street and a few surrounding bars, its easily avoidable.
Laura
Novice
Novice

thanks - and

Post by Laura »

Thanks, Lev. I appreciate your quick reply.

So - in addition to the 3 fitness facilities you mentioned. I also noticed one called Chiva-Som - looks like a resort/spa. Do you happen to know if they offer memberships?

Also, what's the cost of living in HH? We'd be looking for a small, 1-2 bedroom house or apartment, and we have pets. Any ideas!

Again, thanks!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Hi,
Chiva-Som is a holistic health resort, and a very expensive one at that! Take a look at their website for more details:

http://www.chiva-som.com

A one/two bedroom house within 2km of town centre should cost between 4,000 and 7,000 baht per month furnished. Pets are no problem but keep them inside as stray dogs in Thailand are a problem!
RODDY
Novice
Novice

Post by RODDY »

Hi all, there is a thai boxing club on the Th Phetkasem road next the market, what has got weight-training stuff,bags and bikes and charges about 150baht but it depends on what your after.