Behind Grand Hotel.How much rent could one receive?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
alleykat
Professional
Professional

Behind Grand Hotel.How much rent could one receive?

Post by alleykat »

I would like to ask for advice on behalf of my Thai friend. She owns a standard townhouse in behind the Grand Hotel. How much monthly rental could she expect to get? It is a fairly plain one, no air-con, has good hot water shower. She may put in an air-con unit if it meant getting some more rent. It will be freshly painted. Has the two bedrooms upstairs, and 2 bathrooms, one up, one down.

Also, what could she get for it is she were to sell it?
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

This purely depends on whether your Thai friend wants to rent out or have the place stood empty!
Many properties are over priced to say the least; there are many examples of this around town
I am aware of several properties which have been available for rent for more than 18 months with no interest due to overpriced rents close to the grand
The standard of the furnishings, décor, air con, long term discount and the size of the deposit required will go in its favor
The average price around this area seems to be between 8 to 10 K pcm
You should on your friends behalf call around some of the other properties in the local area which have signs and telephone numbers and get a good idea for the direct area also finding out when the last people used the property and variations in rent for high and low season
Maybe consider advertising in the property section on HHAD a sign on the gate will only be seen by people passing the property
:D
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
buksida

Houses for rent in Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

alleykat wrote:I would like to ask for advice on behalf of my Thai friend. She owns a standard townhouse in behind the Grand Hotel. How much monthly rental could she expect to get? It is a fairly plain one, no air-con, has good hot water shower. She may put in an air-con unit if it meant getting some more rent. It will be freshly painted. Has the two bedrooms upstairs, and 2 bathrooms, one up, one down.

Also, what could she get for it is she were to sell it?
Well there are no shortage of people on this board looking for rental places.

I would say about 6-7 grand for a 2 bedroom place with no furniture or a/c (add 2,000 if its furnished with a/c). As Dr D. said she could price herself out of the market or ask for six months rent up front and have the place empty for months on end. Its a good location so she can expect a little more than those way out of town. She should also consider the length of the contract and alter her rates accordingly.

Sale price can be anything between 1 and 1.5 mil I would guess.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

House Rent

Post by Pagey »

I have rented one myself there for 6 months to end of Feb. It had aircon in bed and living room, furnished and the plus for me was it had a huge balcony.
We looked at about 8 houses all wanting 10,000 per month so we negotiated 8,000.
Some of the ones I looked at in August are still empty so it is probably better to ask for less and guarantee a tenant.