Request for information on TPC ( Thailand Property Centre )

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
suej
Amateur
Amateur

Request for information on TPC ( Thailand Property Centre )

Post by suej »

We are looking to buy a villa from the above. Has anyone had any dealings , knowledge before we part with our money. Good to hear good reports on HuaHin Property we have looked at some of theirs but the one we have seen is a good buy if this company is reliable.
baron_wastelanduk
Professional
Professional

TPC

Post by baron_wastelanduk »

dunno about TPC but you could do worse than try walter @ manora property in hua hin - he is a good guy and honest
CDK

there are three sorts of people in this world those that can count and those that cant
DrKnow
Rookie
Rookie

Re: TPC

Post by DrKnow »

baron_wastelanduk wrote:dunno about TPC but you could do worse than try walter @ manora property in hua hin - he is a good guy and honest
Fully agree with the above, Walter is 100%, really nice guy. I also recommend him.
TO TIRED TO BE CORRECT ALL THE TIME
stevenhill55
Novice
Novice

Post by stevenhill55 »

I sent TPC at least six emails requesting more info on a couple of properties on their site, and did not get one single reply. They either don't need the business or never bother to check their post, either way i didnt feel i could trust them with my money so went to Huahinproperty.com and we have just returned from Huahin having bought from them. Sue at huahin property is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. :D
suej
Amateur
Amateur

Post by suej »

Thanks for reply. Have already bought a villa from TPC, no problems re contacting them, they were swamped with requests after HH was on the TV. We had similar problem getting replys from Sue at Hua hin so I think we were just lucky. Have phoned David at TPC a few times best time to contact is 10am uk time. Just waiting for the dam thing to be built.
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I have had no direct dealings with TPC but know someone who has. I don't know if it was an unfortunate misunderstanding or something else, but I would advise you to get any documents involved thoroughly checked by a reputable independent Thai lawyer as they will all be in Thai - your own Embassy will be able to give you some contacts, or you can contact the Thai Law Society in Bangkok via email - info@lawsociety.or.th . I would advise against looking for legal advice in the classifieds of the Bangkok Post or other newspapers from my own experience! Just so you are aware, at present anybody can open an office offering 'legal advice' or calling it a 'Law Office' even if they have no formal legal qualifications, so beware. There are a lot of con men out there as I know to my own expense (this is really for everyone reading this not just the original poster).
You most likely have nothing to worry about but better safe than sorry. It may cost you a few thousand baht but I would recommend it as money well spent.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

suej wrote:Just waiting for the dam thing to be built.
Patience is a virtue.... as you will find out! Some advice - you will need to gauge the optimum moment for the foot stamping and shouting in order to get things done without the builders disappearing overnight! Have fun and stay calm! :D