Postal Charges

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Postal Charges

Post by Heebio »

Does anyone know the cost of postage from Hua Hin to the UK...? I was thinking specifically how much it would cost to post two cartons of cigarettes?

I was thinking due to the light weight this would be relatively cheap but have been told it could cost approx 500 baht - can anyone confirm this for me please.

Thanks in advance.
Never trust a hippy....
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

have a mate who does this from pattaya with b&h on a regular basis
he sneds them loose (not in the carton) in a flat jiffy bag so they are flat
postage and cigs 1200 Thb with a 70% success rate EMS
not a bad mark up if they all get trhough :thumb:
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

Sounds the way to go....thanks for that Dave.

Any idea how much it would cost standard post, ie. not EMS?
Never trust a hippy....
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

check out the weight and postage cost on the link on here , there is also small packet air for under 2 kilo but they open and inspect goods, ems is door to door no messing about and by far the safer option . but note this is only a guide the cost is usualy slightly higher than the site at the counter

http://www.thailandpost.com/search_ems_en.asp

any one posting parcels unedr 2 kilo's should concider the small packet air it is far cheaper than regular air mail and ems and you have registrered and express options express arrive within 7 working days USUALY
they wont tell you about this service at the counter
because its about a third of the price of regular air mail :thumb:
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

Dave, the second of two shipments arrived successfully today.

The first by EMS took four days to arrive and cost 1250 baht, plus the cost of 200 cigarettes. The second, non EMS delivery took 10 days and cost 455 baht, plus the cost of the fags. Seems surprisingly easy but I was probably lucky.

They were each shipped in a small cardboard box approx 10" x 6" x 3". The cigarette cartons were chopped to still tightly hold 6 packets each. Four packs were packed loose, but tight, between these and the other four loose packets were placed in a small plastic bag to avoid movement if the package was shaken. Had them sent to my company address in an attempt to make them seem more formal....and appears to have worked a treat.

All told 800 fags cost approx 3100 baht to ship - 80 packets for the price of 10 over here....that is a nice mark up - saved myself a fortune. I'm doing this for personal use but you can see why some guys try to make a nice little earner out of the practice.

Thanks for your help with this Dave....cheers mate.
Never trust a hippy....
Heebio
Professional
Professional

Post by Heebio »

Heh heh....that should read 40 packets for the price of 10! :D Still a nice little saving....cheers. :wink:
Never trust a hippy....