Car purchase

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Car purchase

Post by Ken »

Looking to buy a little run around. Nothing too expensive. Had a wee look round some of the garages in Hua Hin but have been advised that I should go to Bangkok. Any advice would be very welcome.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Buying new or used?

There's definitely more variety in Bangkok, if you want to look at the used car market. I assume you're not looking at pickup trucks.
Used Japanese cars are more expensive, but they do have a decent dealership network and spares are not too difficult. Try to get a car that has a dealership service history.

Older European cars are actually quite reasonable, a friend got a really old Benz that still runs pretty good. They won't lose much value , either. The older engines are also easier to maintain.

After buying two new cars, I finally went to the used car market and got something with a service history. You will have to be prepared to spend more on maintenance, though. And cars over seven years need to have an annual check...

Your local bookshop should have a used car magazine, it doesn't cost a lot, and is published monthly. Hundreds of dealers and listings. That's where I found the used car I wanted.

Also, do note that many dealerships sell their demo models for a very good discount.