Limey711 .. pensioners, schoolgirls and puberty

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
firstproducer
Novice
Novice

Limey711 .. pensioners, schoolgirls and puberty

Post by firstproducer »

Limey711……I am moving from the U.K to Hua Hin next year and we are bringing our 5yr old grand daughter with us hopefully.
If you do find out any information about schools in the area could you please let me know.
Thanks
Russ

Limey711,
No such luck in this forum probably because Hua Hin is full of the over 60s: A nice retreat for the who have done the kids bit, and now enjoy their second childhood and looking forward to their second puberty.
However, good luck to them and why not.
But I was disappointed in having no response to my question. Then it was probably my fault in assuming the average expats was younger and that they were a bit more fertile. After all Soi Bintabart seems busy most nights even in low season. Perhaps I am wrong, I am often wrong here in Thailand but, as much as I love the place my thoughts of living in Hua Hin demised due to my work pressure and the need to be located here in Bangkok; however I do make a beeline to the place as often as I can and would really love to settle there if it had a proper international school and a decent marina.
There are two things, maybe three things that annoy me about Hua Hin, the first, no international school with fully qualified teachers that deserve reasonable pay. Secondly, the lack of a marina, there is no facility there for safe moorings, though there is a harbor, the swells there can be a bit rough. Anyhow I would not feel comfortable leaving my yacht there in any seas.
I am a keen sailor and originally intended living in Phuket. Since the tragedy 26th December, my Thai wife, though educated and has lived in the UK for 13 years has odd beliefs the island is now inhabited by ghosts, so she wont live there or go there.
I will not delve any further into the logic of the Thai mind. I just accept the illogical concept over an enormous Jameson and shudder.
My third thing is probably more controversial and dose not warrant any public airing, but has sound arguments against owner’s of land and property to the north of the Hilton and the Hilton group it’s self who seem to try and steer the development of Hua Hin in some sort of self righteousness deep south American religious belief in a similar way to Bush in his idealism that dose not really warrant any further manipulation of my fingers to describe its vile and boring values.
Referring to your original question about the schooling, I can only say that the preferred school used by expats seems to be Somtawin. But there is a big BUT or a big arse hole in Nong Ghae (WCEI) who makes nonsensical decisions on how a school should be run, putting profit ahead of education. I would seriously ask someone more qualified than me on this matter though, but I have given you food for thought.
Good Luck, and seriously Thailand is not a bad place to live.
GJ
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

It may have been easier to reply directly to Larrys post.

I must re-iterate to newbies, please read this first before posting the same old questions about schools time and time again:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?p=4118