Wristwatch Repair / Service

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
Albie Quick

Re: Wristwatch Repair / Service

Post by Albie Quick » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:46 am

Hi Deepee,

Thanks for that info. To be honest, I think the springs were too far gone for that to have worked because the side buttons were hardly protruding from the sides of the strap and neither had any tension. I'll take your advice when it happens again, presuming that I haven't lost it in the meantime! :cheers:
[i]'The ability to recognise the extent of your knowledge on any particular subject is a condition which, (unfortunately), far too few people are afflicted with'.[/i]

Fandango
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fandango » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:49 pm

I used the Market Village watch repair shop for my wife’s Longines. Great battery just a shame 3 of the 6 screws in the back were broken! Don’t touch with a barge pole! Clumsy beyond imagination.

deepee
Professional
Professional

Post by deepee » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 pm

Fandango,
take it that's the Longines Le Grande model ?
suggest your lady not wear it with that many screws damaged. Very likely that it will leak moisture into it in the tropical heat and humidity resulting in it being totally wrecked.
As it is, you will need a whole new casing head , sorry very costly, bout B25,000 plus in gold case nowdays!
What has probably happened is someone has very likely lost some of the original s/s screws last opening up and throw in plain old steel movement screws. See this so very often. They then rust up and break off when the next repairer tries to undo unfortunately.
Just a note here mrs. deepee has one as does HRH QE2nd , my mrs sarcastically says it's probablly just her hack gardening watch.
Complexity is so simply overrated