LED 'Rope' Lighting

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

LED 'Rope' Lighting

Post by Terry »

I'm planning this year's seasonal decorations at the Lodge and have decided to invest in LED 'Rope' Lighting for our new displays - as far as possible.

Reasoning - they cost around 15 - 20% of tradditional lights in electricity bills - they last longer and don't break as easily as the old style incandecent bulbs.

Question

Where to buy in the Hua Hin area - or should I focus on Bangkok...........again! If so - where?

Need to get around 200m of the stuff (Minimum) for what I have in mind.

Thanks
Kunini-Thai
Novice
Novice

Re: LED 'Rope' Lighting

Post by Kunini-Thai »

Hi its my first post...not sure if it is correct to post like this but we sell a full range of LED and lighting products and are just opening in Hua Hin... i can sent you my contact details if that's allowed... :idea:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Hi Kunini-Thai

Email me your contact details to - terry@huahinfishing.com

I'll get back to you

Thanks
ste860
Deceased
Deceased

Post by ste860 »

theres a shop sells it on petchakasem road ,i think it soi 53-55 ish next door to the video shop ,a few differant colours ,i did ask the price but have forgot now
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Terry-lad..apart from the obvious places like the gizmo-stall at Grand Market..she will get you any length &
colour you want. But as Ste says in the post above..the lighting shop on Pekky Rd near the Honda bike
shop sells rope light by the metre off a big coil. She's not cheap mind, & tells you she has 3 different
grades of rope..priced accordingly..(the cheapest grade of ropelight here is crap..I got 8m & loads of lights inside stopped working within a month). But if you need a long length then at this shop its cut off the roll.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Terry »

Thanks U S - will give the place a visit when I'm back next week
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Looking for the led rope light by the metre also the lights that hang down like a cascading waterfall effect.

Is the light shop near Honda garage still the place to go?
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

Not sure if it's the place to go but the lighting shop on the left side of Phetkasem, heading south before the temple, sells all sorts of LED rope lights.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I presume that's the same shop mentioned above then. Thanks.

Man in pub circa 1987.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

^^ it probably is but I have never found them too expensive. I have bought a lot of exterior lights for my home from them and some, they have needed to order as a special for me from their suppliers. Nice people, the wife speakers some English (Much better than my Thai). From time to time they also sell some old paintings on teak etc (originals).
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Visited that shop today. Only one quality as the old style round rope lighting has been replaced by the flatter LED style. 120 Baht per metre plus 100 Baht for the 220 v connector/plug. Various colours available.

Man in pub circa 1987.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It does make an outdoor place look nice, especially around the holidays or if you host parties often. I've always liked Thai outdoor restaurants that have them strung in the trees and around for romantic type lighting. :naughty: Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I do see one problem now which I should have asked in the shop; how do you secure them so they lay flat and straight............

Man in pub circa 1987.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Pagey wrote:I do see one problem now which I should have asked in the shop; how do you secure them so they lay flat and straight............
Perhaps the fasteners that are used to secure electric wire will work
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Thanks Migrant, the lights weren't for me, I was just shopping for a friend, apparently they have fixed it using some cable fasteners from a hardware store but I've not seen the results yet.

Man in pub circa 1987.