Cleaning and garden services - is it too much?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Cleaning and garden services - is it too much?

Post by Jaime »

I tried the common topics links but couldn't get what I was looking for so here goes.

I have been quoted the following for cleaning and gardening services:

House cleaning - once a week full clean as well as weeding of small veg patch at side of house: 2000 baht a month

Watering the small lawn (every day) in front of a typical developer sized 3 bed bungalow: 300 baht a month

To be honest I question the need for a weekly clean anyway as the house is a mostly vacant holiday home and probably only really needs a good clean once a month but my misses likes the idea of it being checked once a week and we do at least have a cleaner we can trust. However, I doubt if for three out of the four weeks much more is being done by the cleaner other than opening the door, doing a quick dust and having a look around.

Are these figures about right, expensive or a good deal? My gut feeling is that they are on the expensive side but maybe I'm out of touch as things seem to be changing fast in LoS on the pricing side of things. All genuine advice welcome!

Cheers,

Jaime
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

sounds very exp to me you could hire your own full time gardener for that figure
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Thanks for the reply Dr Dave.

I'm not overly concerned about the 300 baht a month for the garden watering but it seems you have confirmed my suspicions about the cleaning service - what do you think is an acceptable amount for what I have described for the house cleaning?

Cheers once again :cheers:

Jaime
buksida

Post by buksida »

I'd say 2k a month for a once a week dust is a bit steep since the going wage for full time (6 days a week) non skilled staff is 4-5k a month.

I'd get it done once a month if its vacant and pay about 500 baht for a good couple of hours session (afterall if its not lived in it wont be that dirty).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Thanks for the advice fellas - much appreciated. I don't know what's worse: knowing you're getting tucked up or finding out after the event! :?