Looking for Water Holding Tank Cleaning Service

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Looking for Water Holding Tank Cleaning Service

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:32 pm Time to resurrect this thread. Mrs BB has decided its time to clean our underground tank. Surprise, surprise, none of the numbers we have, including the numbers on the above leaflets are no longer in use.

Can anybody help us with a tank cleaning service phone number please?
That's correct, the company doesn't exist any more. Lack of customers.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

BB, if you find one I know you'll post the details here. Is it a cement tank? Mine was dug by a builder and coated/proofed over a year ago, and I guess any builder can do it if it's not too small a job for them. Just a submersible pump, broom, shovel and bucket I guess, if you don't want potable water? I know that the firm which advertises on Surf 102.50 FM say no job is too small. If it's a cement tank make sure you get it proofed again while empty. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, a cement tank built by the builder. If I don't find any local business, I will ask the lady that did the build - she lives next door. Problem is, I don't like asking her for too much as she never charges :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:53 pm Yes, a cement tank built by the builder. If I don't find any local business, I will ask the lady that did the build - she lives next door. Problem is, I don't like asking her for too much as she never charges :D
Yes the merit thing is tricky. Buy her some plants for her garden, or if the favours have built up, a new car. :)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've found one. Phone number is 0898 241803. A bit more expensive than the last time, but still very reasonable in my opinion. Our tank is huge, and 1300 Baht. I'm delighted with that price.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That seems a good price for a complete clean. I've been toying with the idea of having ours emptied and cleaned. Never been done since the build in 2005. There must be inches of silt in the bottom but must be below the pump extractor or we'd have seen it coming out of the taps.

However it's a 25,000 ltr tank. How does that compare with yours.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

You've seen the size of our car port, it is almost that length, but only half the width. I'd guestimate 8' deep.

Don't do anything yet, they're coming tomorrow afternoon. Let me tell you how good or bad they were. They talk an excellent job, saying they won't go until we're happy. I'll report back Thursday.

Points 41; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for that BB. Sounds similar to ours. I wouldn't want to be the one to get down there after it's been drained. I'd need to call Elon Musk to get me out!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You just never know what you'll find in there! :shock:

hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (38.35 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They turned up yesterday as arranged. In fact they were an hour earlier than arranged. Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank. They said afterwards it was at least double that size, and should have charged more. I was away to the footie by that time, so no sympathy from Mrs BB - their mistake, they would have to live with it.

Before I left, I'd seen them down there with a power washer shifting the the gunge, and the the yukky mess they were pumping out (was I really cleaning my body and brushing my teeth with this?),

Mrs BB was delighted with her shiny clean tank. They left 4 hours later. If she was happy, I can safely recommend this service.

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 am They turned up yesterday as arranged. In fact they were an hour earlier than arranged. Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank. They said afterwards it was at least double that size, and should have charged more. I was away to the footie by that time, so no sympathy from Mrs BB - their mistake, they would have to live with it.

Before I left, I'd seen them down there with a power washer shifting the the gunge, and the the yukky mess they were pumping out (was I really cleaning my body and brushing my teeth with this?),

Mrs BB was delighted with her shiny clean tank. They left 4 hours later. If she was happy, I can safely recommend this service.
I bet that most of us are putting up with similar dirty tanks, albeit on a much smaller scale as 50,000+ litres is huge - if you’re feeling guilty, you could always give them a tip?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not my department :D . I was at the footie, watching my new heroes blast their way into the FA Cup semi-finals :dance: .

Points 41; Position 18
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank.They said afterwards it was at least double that size
Feck me... no wonder other people run out of water. It's all under your house! :D

Here's a 50,000 litre tank. You have that, plus some :shock:
50000_litre_polyester_su_deposu_1.JPG
50000_litre_polyester_su_deposu_1.JPG (122.21 KiB) Viewed 252 times
:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Our quote was based on a 28,000 litre tank.
It's a pretty simple basic formula to calculate if you can measure the dimensions.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, but this was a Thai lady shining her torch into a murky hole in the ground. Obviously too murky to see to the end of the tank.

Points 41; Position 18