Mending (repairing) Clothes? Near Soi 94 preferred.

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mending (repairing) Clothes? Near Soi 94 preferred.

Post by Homer »

robcar wrote:Update on my earlier post.......... the lady IS still there, she is next to the restaurant that does all the BBQ fish. She does not open very early because she has a daughter to get to school. My Thai lady wife has just returned (7pm)from having 2 handbag handles fixed by her so I wouldn't have lost my money after all :wink: :)
Thanks. :thumb: That explains it as I'm almost always on that street in the morning.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:There is a lady across the road from the West End of Soi 80. Get to the Indian Restaurant and cross the road at an angle of 45 degrees to your right.
A glowing review and precise information. Thanks!
:cheers:
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Homer wrote: Fellow Yanks in the Philippines couldn't agree if their Brit friends pervasive inability to provide location or direction information more useful than 'it's over there somewhere' was genuine, intended as humor, messing with others or done out of spite. We let them know when they were wrong.

In a PC world where kids get trophies for participating and doing anything other than graciously accepting someones attempt to help, no matter how useless or counterproductive it was, follow up comments of the sort you referred to are considered 'negative'. Bleep that. Bleep PC. Telling someone their 'help' was useless is an education.
To be honest, had I seen that the OP was from you I would not have bothered responding, considering how ungrateful you generally are for any help given. Despite what you may think, posters on here are not your personal skivvies. You said you wanted clothes mended in the area of Soi 94 which presumably means that you are either located there or spend some amount of time there. I told you that there is a shop on the very soi in question which advertises such services and narrowed it down to the area between the train tracks and the highway - a few hundred meters.

Now, presuming that you do frequent the area and that it you who is looking for the service, why you think it should be my responsibility to go and track the exact lat and lon of the shop for you, is beyond me.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Pleng wrote:I told you that there is a shop on the very soi in question which advertises such services and narrowed it down to the area between the train tracks and the highway - a few hundred meters.
Years ago I concluded the main reason you posted was to provoke an argument. Before that I'd concluded there were two types of location / directions info on this forum: precise and useless.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

HHTel wrote:A little Thai woman has a stall outside on soi 88 (just round the bend past Mini-farm restaurant) on the left. Sits on the pavement behind her sewing machine. Will do repairs while you wait and very very cheap.
Yes we know this little shop and it's a good advise.
Pleng wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a shop at the top end of Soi 94
Top end of soi 94 is close to Hin Lek Fai and soi 88.

Then you start talking about the railway crossing?
Where are you guys?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I agree that I would normally think of the top end of 94 as west, but to be fair Pleng did clarify this by saying Petchkasem Rd end.
Pleng wrote:I'm pretty sure there's a shop at the top end of Soi 94 (Pethkasem Rd end) that advertises clothing repairs. Never used it but have ridden past it a few times.

This was somehow omitted from the quote in the reply from Homer, who of course most definitely does not like to provoke an argument, no sirree. Homer? Argument? Puhleeez!

(How to turn an innocuous request for information into a circus...)
This is the way
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Big Boy wrote:There is a lady across the road from the West End of Soi 80. Get to the Indian Restaurant and cross the road at an angle of 45 degrees to your right.

She's in a very small alcove/lean to affair, but she's always got loads of work. Very good, very quick and very cheap. She's altered/mended many items of clothing for Mrs BB. BB Jnr has had a few things altered and repaired there also. The 'fatty' Hua Hin supporters have been getting their shirts transformed from Thai size into virtual circus tents for 2 seasons now, without complaint.

If you're still looking - worth a try. She doesn't operate a Thai/Farang price scale either.
Thanks. She was very good, quick and cheap, just as you said.

FYI: If one is going north on the train road, unless you're on foot it's easy to pass her shop without noticing it.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Update and vendor comparision

Shop #1
Pagey wrote:If you can't find that one, go up Soi 88 until you reach the left turn immediately before the crossing and on the bend is a gas cylinder shop and next door is a sewing shop. Inside glass sliding door, very small shop.
Used her once when the Shop #2 had been closed for days. Shop #1 did inferior work for 30 baht that would have been done well for 20 at Shop #2

Shop #2

She's in a very small alcove/lean to affair, but she's always got loads of work. Very good, very quick and very cheap. She's altered/mended many items of clothing for Mrs BB. BB Jnr has had a few things altered and repaired there also. The 'fatty' Hua Hin supporters have been getting their shirts transformed from Thai size into virtual circus tents for 2 seasons now, without complaint.

If you're still looking - worth a try. She doesn't operate a Thai/Farang price scale either.
Out of curiosity, I brought 2 pieces to Shop #1. She wanted 80 baht, pickup in 2 days. Took it to Shop #2. 20 baht, pickup next day.

Another way to find Shop #2. From the west end of soi 80, count 5 shops North on the East side of the Soi. That is Central Pharmacy. Shop #2 is directly across the street.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Do you mean this one?

http://tinyurl.com/HHmend
Last edited by Farang on Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's the one.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18