Looking for Lab for Testing Water

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Looking for Lab for Testing Water

Post by Lung Per »

I wish to have a test made for our private water supply. Specifically for the contens of E-coli bacteria.
Is there an independent, private lab in Hua Hin or Bangkok which would do such analysis? Any idea of the cost?
I suppose I would bring a sample of the water to the lab myself - I don't need somebody come to my house.
Cheers
:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Re: Looking for Lab for Testing Water

Post by Lung Per »

Am I really the onely one looking for this info? Noone had their drinking water tested ever???
A friend is only one click away
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

I think most people in here use bottled water for drinking, we even use it for cooking. Just take a look in your water tank, don't think you need a lab to tell you its not fit for drinking. But not sure what you mean by 'private water supply' do you have a well for your house, that you want testing?
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Lung Per,
you could make a start with this company: http://purion-thai.com/start.asp?nav1=a1&nav=a2. According to their website, they're based in Hua Hin and, although their prime business appears to be to sell you a system, they do say they have water testing facilities.
I have just had my well water tested, though not in Thailand. The test cost me the equivalent of 1000 baht.
To determine the quality of water for drinking, the lab I went to tested for manganese, arsenic, iron, fluoride, nitrate, nitrite, chloride, sulfate, phosphate, turbidity, pH, conductivity, total hardness, e. coli and total coliforms.
The results showed hardness, e.coli and total coliforms to be above the acceptable limits.
I have connected a Sawyer Point One filter kit to my incoming water supply and this filters out up to 99.99999% of all bacteria according to US standards. The filter is said to be good for filtering up to 1 million gallons of water (https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-pointone-one-filter).

Hope this helps!