Shoe Repairs

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
FadingToGrey
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by FadingToGrey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Bought some Camel shoes for walking...after two short holidays the sole on one is completely coming apart from the shoe...looking to fix it locally...any leads to local repair much appreciated.

thecolonel
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 am

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by thecolonel » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:49 am

Image

About here....

Plus there's a leather shop, cowboy boots on Poonsuk near all the massage shops near an art gallery I'm sure they could do too. Good luck

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

sarnie
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Herts, England

Shoe Repairs

Post by sarnie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Need a pair of shoes healed does anyone know where I can find a reasonable price cobblers
Thanks

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by 404cameljockey » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:54 am

Bangkok Hospital is great but pricey. (Sorry)

eatuae
Member
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 am
Location: Hua Hin/Spain

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by eatuae » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

Go past the railway station and just before you get to the next roundabout there is a place on the left. He did some good work for me

sarnie
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Herts, England

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by sarnie » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Walked along there yesterday couldn’t find him. How long ago have you used this one
Cheers

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32856
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by Big Boy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:39 pm

OK, I've seen one, but have no idea if he's any good. Doesn't look up to much at first sight, but that means nothing in Thailand.

Go up Soi 88 from Petchkasem Road, and turn left immediately before going over the crossing. He's about 30 yards along that road on the left. You'll see a table with old shoes on it.

This is NOT a recommendation, just somebody I've noticed that mends shoes. If you try him, please let us know what you think.
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

PET
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by PET » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 pm

sarnie wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm
Walked along there yesterday couldn’t find him. How long ago have you used this one
Cheers
Come out of the railway station and turning left walk to 100mts before the level crossing ie past the night market. There is a shop on the left which repairs all sorts of things leather etc.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

sarnie
Member
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:47 pm
Location: Herts, England

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by sarnie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:46 pm

No luck with any of these suggestion seems like they’ve all closed but
Thanks anyway

PET
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by PET » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am

Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
Vincit Omnia Veritas - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

crab
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm
Location: Khao Tao

Re: Shoe Repairs in Hua Hin ?

Post by crab » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:42 pm

There's a small stand called Dr. Shoes by the railway line at Soi 88. Go up Soi 88 from Phetkasem and turn left immediately before rail crossing. Dr. Shoes is about 30 metres along on the left in the second group of shops. Cheap, adequate, not always open.

crab
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:04 pm
Location: Khao Tao

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by crab » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm

PET wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am
Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
I can confirm this. It's called Dr. Shoes.

PET
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by PET » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm

crab wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm
PET wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am
Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
I can confirm this. It's called Dr. Shoes.
Sorry CRAB you are confusing this matter. Just refer to my original post.
This Shoe Repairer and repairer of many leather products and zips etc is on Riab Tang Fai road which runs outside the HH railway station. Come out of the station and turn left towards Soi70 Chomsin Road. Before you get to the new round-a-bout ( say 500mts from the station) the shop is about the last one on the left hand side. he has been there for very many years and is still there.
Vincit Omnia Veritas - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

User avatar
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 am

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by 404cameljockey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:22 am

PET wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:05 pm
crab wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm
PET wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:55 am
Sorry just seen your reply. it is probably too late now but the place I mentioned near to the level crossing has been and is still open!
I can confirm this. It's called Dr. Shoes.
Sorry CRAB you are confusing this matter. Just refer to my original post.
This Shoe Repairer and repairer of many leather products and zips etc is on Riab Tang Fai road which runs outside the HH railway station. Come out of the station and turn left towards Soi70 Chomsin Road. Before you get to the new round-a-bout ( say 500mts from the station) the shop is about the last one on the left hand side. he has been there for very many years and is still there.
PET do you think he'd be able to do a good job on my wife's treasured old Burberry purse (not handbag). it's not coming unstitched, just won't stay zipped any more. She'd hate to have a botched job. I guess it needs replacing, but all I know about zips is how to undo them!

PET
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Shoe Repairs

Post by PET » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 am

404 - He is very good and has repaired with stitching shoes and new rubber soles etc. He does golf bags too, and zips for clothes.
The business looks rather run down but is actually full of outstanding jobs. I honestly believe he has a small 'gold mine' going, and all family members. Back to your purse I think take it to him and show the problem. I do not think he speaks much English, although very many Farangs' go to him. If you take somebody who speaks Thai so much the better. Good luck
Vincit Omnia Veritas - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests