New waste water bill, is it a scam?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: New waste water bill, is it a scam?

Post by StevePIraq »

Many cities worldwide have a common ruling, if a service runs past your property you have to pay the minimum service fee even if not connected. This was the case in Adelaide Australia where a friend was not connected to mains water or sewage but still had to pay the minimum fee. This may be the case here.

Surely the simple thing to do is ask the Tessaban
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My mother had people turn up at her house to disconnect the gas as they didn't have any record of payments.

She's never had gas in the 60 years she's been there so she let them in with a "Fill your boots". "Where's the meter" they asked. Went away having changed their quite aggressive attitude...... lol
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

This last week I received another wastewater bill by postal mail, this time for 161 baht. After receiving the first bill last August (146 baht) I sat on it for about 5 months, then went down to wastewater plant on Nebkaehart road and paid it. No one in the office spoke English, but I had them speak over the phone with a Thai friend to try to understand more about this bill. They indicated it was a monthly bill, not a yearly bill as I'd originally assumed. There was a lot of conversation about a new wastewater project recently being approved by the city, and sure enough, last month a major new storm drain / wastewater drainage project kicked off here in the Soi 114 area. Also while I was at the office paying my bill, I could see they were cranking out hundreds of similar bills on an ancient dot matrix printer. In the end I really wasn't able to understand for sure what this is all for. Anyone else receiving these bills and possibly know the details surrounding them ?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I literally live just around the corner of 114 (West). They have been working on the Petchakasem drain for a while incorporating widening the road. All the roads from 114 thru 116 and inbound by the temples are in a sorry mess whilst laying new drains which will lead to new roads. It's going to be a nightmare for a few months but when finished it will be worth the wait.
Have heard nothing about any 'new project' to control waste water. The developments going on at the moment is to 'hopefully' control flooding which is mainly caused from mountain 'run-off'.