Rain Cape

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here. The Hua Hin Business Directory has listings of local shops and services.
SPONSORS: Expat Hua Hin : Siam Old Teak
User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:59 am

Does anybody know where I can get a heavy(ish) duty rain cape, similar to the one in the picture TODAY please?

I need to buy one before 3pm.
rain.png
rain.png (71.79 KiB) Viewed 300 times
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Time is running out - no suggestions?
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
PeteC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22033
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: All Blacks training camp

Re: Rain Cape

Post by PeteC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Maybe a big golf umbrella will have to suffice.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:34 pm

Looking that way :cry:
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
Nereus
Addict
Addict
Posts: 7415
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Bangkok

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Nereus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Big Boy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 pm
Time is running out - no suggestions?
What about sending a motor bike taxi to get one? Most of them use them so shoud know where to get them.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!

User avatar
PeteC
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 22033
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:58 am
Location: All Blacks training camp

Re: Rain Cape

Post by PeteC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Here's a link, ships from China. A proper one you can get during the off season for next year. Click the different manufactures in the top bar as there are others to choose from besides the page/brand displayed.

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/moto ... ain+poncho
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:58 pm

I've got a link with Lazada, thanks anyway. Had 2 delivered last week, but could use 2 more today. Looks as though the brolly will have to do.
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Nereus wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:35 pm
Big Boy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 pm
Time is running out - no suggestions?
What about sending a motor bike taxi to get one? Most of them use them so shoud know where to get them.
Hadn't thought of that, but will take my trusty brolly now. There's only a 20% chance of rain, which means an 80% chance of getting away with it :laugh:

If nobody comes through in the next 60 minutes, I'll just order 2 more via Lazada.
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
STEVE G
Hero
Hero
Posts: 12185
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 am
Location: HUA HIN/EUROPE

Re: Rain Cape

Post by STEVE G » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Family Mart used to have thicker ones, as well as the cheap polythene ones but I haven't bought one recently so couldn't be sure they have them now.

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

................ on my way :D
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

Thistle
Professional
Professional
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:15 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Thistle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Just saw post,also i bought more than 2-3 years ago.
Soi where All in Hua Hin is,,,,,,,,,,,,past crossroads where night market meets,,,,,,,continue towards Chomsin road,4th or 5 th shop from the end on left,they sell everything,hardware wise.
I bought a complete cape with hood,heavy duty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very inexpensive and has lasted a number of years whilst driving motor scooter in rain, The plastic ones hanging up outside,,,,,,go into shop and ask.

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32874
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by Big Boy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Family Mart failed. Just seen your post Thistle - thank you, but too late for today. Here's hoping the rain gods are kind.
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

User avatar
joelle
Professional
Professional
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am
Location: ban kwai

Re: Rain Cape

Post by joelle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Bought mine, similar to the picture, in Tesco Market Village, if you're quick you'll make it before 3pm

RCer
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Re: Rain Cape

Post by RCer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Makro. Buy a box of xtra large heavy duty trash bags. Keep one folded in your pocket at all times.

User avatar
dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict
Posts: 9813
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Rain Cape

Post by dtaai-maai » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Always very handy if you want to walk around in your personal portable sauna!
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: REEM and 6 guests