Travel Agent

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
norm
Professional
Professional

Travel Agent

Post by norm »

I need to make an urgent trip back to the USA. Can anyone recommend a good and cheap travel agent here in Hua Hin?

Norm
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

If it is just a flight you are after, I think you are better off booking online. The agents I have tried in Hua Hin don't seem very good to me, an example being when I went to enquire about a flight to Malaysia they were only interested in selling me the Thai Airways one, and when I asked about others they said 'others no good, Thai is the best'. I booked online direct with Lufthansa at about half the price of Thai. This was only a few days before departure too, and with the e-ticket system there was no problem at the airport either. Try http://www.thaifly.com/Home/index.php?. There are some decent agents in Bangkok that I have used - try getting a copy of the Bangkok Post and calling some of the ones in the travel ads. Good luck and hope that helps.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Norm

I don't know of one in HH but DTC in Baangkok may be able to help

Google them up and talk to Tom or Will
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kiwi P

Post by kiwi P »

Theres one a couple of doors pasted Burger King..same side heading towards the beach ,,name has slipped my mind..
But i also would look on-line for flights..............

:cheers: :cheers: Peace Out..
Every day is a good day 6ft above the ground
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Norm,

The travel agent next to Burger King is Western tours. I highly reccommend them. No, i do not work there but there the agent who looks after me speaks very good English and will try to get you the flight you want at the price u want.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've always used Western tours as well. They even got me a replacement ticket back to the UK a number of years ago because I missed the flight in the morning - woke up too late to get to BKK in time. No charge - unbelievable.
I'd also agree with others that the internet is a great option as well, although WTs got me the same price as the net, give or take, when I went back last year.
westmoor04
Amateur
Amateur

Post by westmoor04 »

Chat about travel in night market, the ladies name is actually Chat, her place is upstairs from resteraunt which i think is called bird resteraunt. it is in second part of night market near bottom, she is very nice, helpful lady, very well educated and speaks brilliant english along with a few other languages.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Wanderlust is spot on on this. Nearly all travel agencies in Thailand are tied.

I.e they have exclusive arrangements with certain airlines and the ticket they sell will have probably been uplifted by many brokers on the way.

When I say travel agencies I am referring to the agencies that sell airline, train, bus and boat tickets. This does not apply to tour operators.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]