Water Filters

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
machersjohn

Water Filters

Post by machersjohn »

I am considering installing a water filter. I'm fed up using the jars of water for cooking and the conveience of using tap water again appeals. My plumber recommends a Mazuma model which is filled with carbon and manganese for the filtration costs around 12000baht.

Anyone tried it or other filter systems??
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

See what fits your needs.

They now have some inexpensive filtration units with UV; the final filter should be ceramic. Reverse Osmosis (RO) units are more expensive, you get better quality water but there is a lot of waste runoff.

Shop around before you buy, don't depend on your plumber.
วินเชนท์
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I think we paid about 7,000 for ours. Can't remember the make, though.
swanks
Amateur
Amateur

Post by swanks »

I bought one of those stack Jobie's that produces 'spa water'.
I think I paid about 2800Bt but later saw them for half that price in Phetchabun.

The water does taste nice though but not for cooking , just drinking I would suggest!

If you return to the west at any time you might buy one of those low voltage pump that supply the water to the taps in caravans and Rvs.
That way you can still get the water supplied cheaply (We pay 10BT for about 25 liters) and not have the expense and bother of renewing the filters.
gunner46
Amateur
Amateur

Post by gunner46 »

Great idea. Couldn't tell you what kind we used (and i've used a few) but for heavens sake follow the instructions and don't drink the first batch unless you like the taste of swimming pools or puri-tabs.

You'll find the water eminenetly drinkable i'm sure. Just keep a load of empty plastic containers to keep your fridge full :)

... fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
elem
Professional
Professional

Post by elem »

I always use tap water for cooking and coffemaking (boling it first) -never had a problem
Am I in trouble with plenty of infected internal organs now????

:shock:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

elem wrote:I always use tap water for cooking and coffemaking (boling it first) -never had a problem
Am I in trouble with plenty of infected internal organs now????

:shock:

Are you cooking the water for at least 5 minutes?
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

elem, I can't see Norseman's link because, apparently, it doesn't exist, but please use the 20 litres for 10 baht (?) 'tanks' of good drinking water. Otherwise, let me know which hospital you plan to use, and I'll bring you books to read...
This is the way
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

I only drink bottled water collected from the Andes mountain range then purified through semi-ionised natural man-made lime, O-minus minerals and Italian slate. It's imported here but not too cheap.

As a result of the cost I make my wife drink and brush her teeth from our garden hose, it's of medium range quality, obtained via a non-scheduled visit to Hua Hin HomePro (yes I know, everyone tells me I spoil her)

She seems to be coping ok with it, I'll give you an update next time I make the monthly visit to her in Petchaburi hospital.

Hope this was of help, alternatively you can get one of those small units fitted insde your kitchen, with an additional small bore tap on your kitchen sink. Clean drinkable water for less that 14,000 Baht.

Burger

PS: For those of you who do not know where the Andes are, they can be located at the end of your Armies.
Last edited by Burger on Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

oops